Cauliflower curry – vegan. While visiting our pal Jeanette recently in LA, I had a curried chickpea dish. Curry comes in all different shapes and sizes. The word 'curry' itself has quite a long and This version uses cauliflower, everyone's favourite fall vegetable, in a spicy and aromatic coconut milk.
Let me say right away this roasted cauliflower curry needs attention to make it really tasty. Find this vegan curry recipe at Tesco Real Food. Once the cauliflower is tender, uncover the pan and add the mangetout. You can have Cauliflower curry – vegan using 22 ingredients and 8 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of Cauliflower curry – vegan
- Prepare 1 tbsp of olive oil or coconut oil for roasting the cauliflower.
- Prepare 2 tbsp of olive oil or coconut oil for the pan.
- You need 1 tsp of ground cumin.
- It’s 1 tsp of mustard seeds.
- It’s 1/2 tsp of Dhania / or other coriander seeds.
- Prepare 1 tsp of cumin seeds.
- It’s 1 tsp of garam masala powder.
- You need 1/2 tsp of ground turmeric.
- Prepare 1/2 tsp of chilli powder.
- It’s 1/2 of small onion, peeled and chopped.
- It’s 2 of garlic cloves, peeled and crushed.
- Prepare 2 cm of chunk of ginger, peeled and grated.
- Prepare 2 of curry leaves.
- Prepare 1 cup of cauliflower, chopped into small florets.
- You need 1/3 cup of new potatoes, chopped into small chunks.
- Prepare 1/4 cup of peas.
- You need 1/2 cup of green beans, chopped into 2 cm ish pieces.
- It’s of couple of handfuls of spinach.
- Prepare 1/2 of lime.
- You need 1/2 can of light coconut milk.
- It’s of Salt and pepper.
- It’s of Fresh coriander to garnish if you have.
This easy vegan curry is perfect for cold winter nights and will heat you up from the inside out. This Easy One-Pot Cauliflower & Chickpea Curry is actually a recipe written by Chris' father Dom. This Cauliflower Curry with Potatoes has depth, flavor, and deliciousness. Serve with rice, roti or bread.
Cauliflower curry – vegan step by step
- Preheat the oven to 180C. Put the oil for the cauliflower in a bowl, add the ground cumin and some seasoning and mix. Toss the cauliflower in the bowl. Then put the cauliflower onto a lined baking sheet and roast for ~25 mins..
- Heat the oil in a big pan. Add the mustard, coriander and cumin seeds. Once they start popping, add the turmeric, garam masala and chilli powder and cook for 1 min..
- Add the garlic, ginger and onion and cook for 10 mins. Have the heat on medium-low so things don’t burn..
- Add the potatoes. Coat them in the spices. Sauté for 10-15 mins..
- Add the curry leaves and coconut milk. I also add 1/4 – 1/2 cup water. Depends on how soupy you want the curry. Bring to the boil. Then cover and simmer for 10 mins or so..
- When the cauliflower is roasted, add to the pan along with the beans and peas. Cover and simmer for 5-10 mins..
- Stir in the lime juice and the spinach. Cover and cook for a couple of minutes til the spinach starts to wilt..
- Serve with rice or chapatti..
We're ending the week off with a simple and vegan cauliflower curry! I still love this braised Indian chicken with. Pin Instant Pot Easy Vegan Cauliflower Chickpea Curry. This curry cauliflower rice is so simple and is made from REAL food. Vegan Indian Cauliflower and Chickpea Curry.