Sweetcorn chowder (vegan). This vegan corn chowder uses sweet potato instead of the traditional potato but you could also make it with potato if you want to switch it Sweet potato and corn chowder sounds absolutely incredible! This looks so delicious and full of flavor. This is the perfect recipe to.
It contains sweet corn, fresh from the cob, potatoes, red. Healthy vegan sweet potato corn chowder with curry spices and a little kick. Ready for this vegan sweet potato corn chowder with a little hint of curry spice? You can cook Sweetcorn chowder (vegan) using 13 ingredients and 6 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of Sweetcorn chowder (vegan)
- You need 1 of large leek, sliced.
- It’s 1 tbsp. of rice bran oil (or other preferred oil).
- It’s 1 of medium potato (150g,peeled and chopped).
- Prepare 1 of garlic clove, crushed.
- You need of chilli flakes (optional).
- It’s half of a yellow pepper, deseeded and chopped.
- You need half of a courgette, finely diced.
- Prepare 300 g of frozen sweetcorn.
- It’s 1 teaspoon of smoked paprika.
- Prepare 1 litre of vegetable stock (I used bouillon).
- It’s 200 ml of canned coconut milk.
- You need of Salt.
- You need of Toasted almonds (optional).
It's comforting, filling and a wonderful way to use up fresh or frozen summer corn. Hearty and cozy Vegan Corn Chowder, with potatoes and sweet corn. This easy vegan corn chowder is cozy and delicious! Blended corn, potatoes, and coconut milk make it rich and creamy, while This easy vegan corn chowder recipe is one of our all-time favorite soups!
Sweetcorn chowder (vegan) step by step
- Heat the oil in a saucepan. Add the leek, garlic, yellow pepper and courgette. Gently fry until soft (about 5 minutes)..
- Add the potato and sweetcorn and stir well..
- Add the stock, coconut milk, chilli flakes (if using) and smoked paprika. Bring to the boil and simmer on low whilst partially covered with a lid. Cook for about 25 minutes or until the potato pieces are cooked through..
- Add half a teaspoon salt (or to taste – you may need slightly more or less depending on preference).
- Blend with a hand blender. Alternatively, you can remove a cup of soup before blending and replace after the rest has been blitzed. I blended all of mine and passed it through a sieve as I wanted to make sure there were no "bits" that my children could complain about! This really isn't necessary though if you don't have picky eaters..
- Sprinkle a baking try with a handful of flaked almonds and toast under a hot grill for a few minutes – keep an eye on them as they can suddenly brown very quickly! Sprinkle them on your lovely soup and enjoy:) Alternatively you could serve this with my "no waiting" wholemeal bread which could be in the oven whilst this soup cooks on the stove!.
Creamy, comforting vegetable chowder, perfect for a quick weeknight meal. Well, it's time that I thanked my grumpy oven, and perhaps give it a real good polish, because wow am I glad I made this Easy Vegan Potato and Corn Chowder! Summer meets fall in this spicy, creamy, vegan Sweet Corn & Coconut Milk Chowder recipe. With the chillier weather we've had here recently, this vegan corn chowder recipe has become a new favorite way to eat this summertime treat. » Sweetcorn chowder. This soup is decadent and creamy, yet light.