Spanish vegan tortilla. Tortilla (or Spanish Omelette) is a typical Spanish recipe, probably one of the most famous in our country. This is a vegan version, so delicious! Spanish tortillas are typically made with eggs, but are easily "veganizable", if you swap the eggs for chickpea "eggs".
A Spanish tortilla is an egg-based dish, which is definitely not vegan. When it comes to the two varieties of Mexican tortillas, there's a bit of ambiguity. Most all Mexican tortillas are vegan. You can have Spanish vegan tortilla using 8 ingredients and 5 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of Spanish vegan tortilla
- It’s 2 tbsp of Olive oil.
- Prepare 1 of large red onion, sliced.
- It’s 1 cup of chickpea flour.
- Prepare 1 of big potato cut into medium slices.
- Prepare 1 cup of water.
- You need 1 of small red bell pepper.
- You need 1 tsp of black salt.
- It’s 1 tsp of black pepper.
Recipe for a simple vegan Tortilla Espanola – without eggs or dairy! Spanish Tortilla (Vegan): A vegan spanish tortilla recipe! My dear friend Daisy in Rishikesh taught me how to make this and it's been a hit with friends and family since. Visit the Waitrose & Partners website for more vegan recipes and ideas.
Spanish vegan tortilla instructions
- Heat 1 tbsp of the olive oil in a large medium pan and add the chopped onions, chopped red bell pepper and potatoes. Cook on a low heat for about 20 minutes until the potatoes are cooked through.
- Meanwhile, mix the chickpea flour and water together in a bowl with the salt and pepper.
- Once the potatoes and onions are cooked, add them to the chickpea mix and stir gently to combine..
- Add the chickpea mixture and cook on a medium heat for 5-8 minutes until the bottom is cooked..
- When both sides are brown and the tortilla is cooked through, cut into slices and serve hot or cold with a green chatny..
The Happy Pear's vegan Spanish tortilla. It´s easy to make a vegan Spanish omelet, or tortilla de patatas. This take on the original uses caramelized onions, roasted garlic and rosemary. SPAIN Tortilla (or Spanish Omelette) is a typical Spanish recipe, probably one of the most famous in our country. This is a vegan version, so delicious!