16:48 – Thai green curry vegan style. Vegan Thai green curry is a classic Thai crowd pleaser prepared without any animal products yet with the depth of flavour of the original. As it is for many people, Thai green curry was my introduction to Thai cuisine and it's still one of my firm favourites. This comparatively mild and herbaceous curry is a.
The "sweet" part doesn't refer to the flavour but the shade of green, it's light and pale, getting its sweet green colour from green chilies. All it takes is one pot, it's loaded with rich flavours, and is bound to be a crowd pleaser! I have a huge declaration to make: This Vegan Thai Green Curry equally rivals my Chickpea Curry for the best recipe on my website. You can have 16:48 – Thai green curry vegan style using 25 ingredients and 7 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of 16:48 – Thai green curry vegan style
- You need of For the paste.
- You need 1 of garlic clove.
- You need 1 of thumb sized turmeric root.
- You need 1 tsp of salt.
- It’s 1 tsp of shrimp paste (leave out if vegan).
- It’s 2 of Thai green chillies (or more if you like it hot).
- It’s 2 inch (5 cm) of piece of galangal or ginger.
- It’s 2 sticks of lemongrass, outer tough leaves removed.
- Prepare 2 of kaffir lime leaves.
- It’s 4 of spring onions.
- Prepare of For the sauce.
- It’s 1 of onion peeled and chopped.
- It’s 4 tbsps of coconut milk from a 14oz (400ml) can.
- Prepare of For the sauce.
- Prepare 1 tsp of oil – cold-pressed rapeseed with lemongrass, ginger and chilli.
- You need 2 of medium onions, peeled and finely chopped.
- It’s 1 of medium sweet potato, peeled and cubed.
- It’s 1/2 of aubergine, cubed.
- It’s of remainder of the can of coconut milk.
- Prepare 4 of kaffir lime leaves.
- It’s 40 g of cashew nuts.
- Prepare 1/2 (1 bunch) of coriander.
- You need of juice of 1/2 lime.
- Prepare of To serve.
- You need of Jasmine rice.
We present you the Vegetarian Thai Green Curry which is traditionally a non veg Thai curry. All ingredients for this Veg Thai Curry are easily available in India. Serve this Vegetarian Thai Green Curry with steamed rice to make a perfect one dish meal. This vegan green curry recipe is an easy Thai vegetable curry recipe.
16:48 – Thai green curry vegan style instructions
- Roughly chop all the ingredients for the paste and place in a pestle and mortar and bash away. Add 4 tablespoons of the coconut milk and continue to grind until you have a paste. If pounding isn't your thing, place in a food processor and blend..
- To make the sauce, heat the oil in a large pan and saute the onions for 3-4 minutes until soft..
- Add the sweet potato and aubergine chunks and cook for a further 5 minutes until they start to soften..
- Add the paste and continue to cook for 5 minutes..
- Add the lime leaves and the coconut milk and cook for a further 10-15 minutes until the vegetables are soft..
- Roughly chop the cashew nuts and coriander and add to the sauce with a squeeze of lime..
- Serve with jasmine rice..
For the green curry base, heat the remaining sunflower oil in a separate large frying pan. A one-pot, easy and vegan Thai Green Curry with tons of healthful veggies and golden-crisp tofu. And you can make it in one pot. Making vegan Thai green curry is so easy. First, start by whipping up the ingredients for the curry paste in the food processor.