Vegan squash and potato filo pie. Rustle up this vegan potato pie recipe for dinner, made with fluffy potatoes, sweet onion and plenty of fresh herbs. Find this vegan recipe at Tesco Real Food. Supercook clearly lists the ingredients each recipe uses, so you can find the perfect recipe quickly!
Distribute the squash filling between the sheets and roll up. You're getting a lot more from this pie than just a warm and fuzzy feeling. Roasted and carmelized kabocha squash, sweet potatoes and scallions make a tasty appetizer that is easily adapted to an hors d'ouvres. You can cook Vegan squash and potato filo pie using 10 ingredients and 4 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of Vegan squash and potato filo pie
- It’s 1 of Kabocha squash or 1/2 butternut squash.
- Prepare 1 of small purple cauliflower florets.
- It’s 1 of red onion.
- It’s 3 of whole sage leaves.
- It’s 1 of thyme.
- Prepare 3 of medium potatoes.
- It’s 1 teaspoon of coriander seeds.
- Prepare 2 tablespoons of vegan cream fresh or 1/2 cup of coconut milk.
- Prepare 1 tablespoon of dairy free margarine and 2more large tablespoons for the pastry.
- You need 4 sheets of filo pastry and 2-3 more for the top cover.
So simple to make and guaranteed to impress your guests at a dinner or cocktail party. Vegetarian Potato Pie Recipe with Chickpeas Check out our spiced chickpea bake with potatoes and topped with thin crunchy filo pastry. This easy recipe is veggie friendly, ready in under an hour and serves four. Our filo slice is best eaten on the day, while the.
Vegan squash and potato filo pie instructions
- Peel all the vegetables. Slice the squash in half and take out the seeds and the soft middle. Break the cauliflower florets from the stem. Cut the potato and the squash roughly into 5cm squares, cover them with cold water, season with salt. Bring them to boil. After 10 minutes add the cauliflower florets cooked them until the potato and squash are tender. Meanwhile, halve and thinly slice the red onion..
- Drain the water from the squash and potato and set them on the side. On medium heat, heat up a large pan, add 1 tablespoon of margarine and when it’s melted add the sage leaves, the crushed coriander seeds and thyme leaves. After 2 minutes when the sage leaves changed colour add the onion, keep stirring and fry them until soft. After add the potato, squash, cauliflower and creme fraiche, mix them well and cook them for another 4-5 minutes. Remove from heat..
- Preheat the oven to 200C. Use an approximately 23cm loose bottomed quiche tin and grease it inside with a knob of margarine. Place the first sheet of filo pastry and brush it with some melted margarine. Repeat this with every layer of the filo pastry. Add the potato,squash mix. Fold the filo leaves to cover the top of the pie an brush the layers with the margarine. To cover the middle of the pie use some more pastry sheets, also grease every layer..
- Bake it until golden brown, approximately 25-30 minutes..
Stir in the pumpkin and potato and toss to coat in the spice mixture. Use the handle of a wooden spoon to make a vent in the center of the pie. Tip the sweet potatoes and chickpeas into the onion mixture and mix well to combine, then allow to sauté for a couple of minutes. Crumple as much as you need of the remaining filo sheets to cover the top of the pie, brushing with the remaining melted. Lay the squash in the base of the pie, overlapping them slightly, then top with the onions, pushing them down to compress the filling mixture.