Orange stew 🧡 / Squash, sweet potato and carrot stew – vegan. This stew is packed with sweet potatoes, carrots, celery, corn, tomatoes, beef, and plenty of seasoning! I recommend skipping tan or purple skinned sweet potatoes (known as the "dry" varieties) and sticking with orange or red skinned sweet potatoes for this sweet potato stew. This African-inspired sweet potato chickpea stew is hearty, nutritious and flavourful thanks to warming spices and.
I started Vegan.io to make it as easy as possible for you to stick to a. Be the first to review this recipe. Add sliced carrots, bay leaves, tarragon, sweet paprika, thyme, salt and pepper. You can have Orange stew 🧡 / Squash, sweet potato and carrot stew – vegan using 15 ingredients and 6 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of Orange stew 🧡 / Squash, sweet potato and carrot stew – vegan
- You need 1.5 tbsp of olive oil.
- Prepare 1 of medium-large onion, peeled and chopped.
- Prepare 4 cloves of garlic, peeled and crushed.
- Prepare 2 sticks of celery, chopped.
- You need 1/2 tsp of ground cumin.
- You need 1/2 tsp of ground cinnamon.
- Prepare 1/2 tsp of ground turmeric.
- You need 1 tbsp of apple cider vinegar.
- Prepare 500-700 ml of vegan stock.
- Prepare 2-3 cups of chopped vegetables eg squash, carrots, sweet potato.
- You need 1/4 of cup/ handful chopped dried apricots.
- It’s of Optional: 1-2 cups cooked white beans or chickpeas; add 5-10 mins before the cavolo nero.
- Prepare of Juice of 1/2 lemon + zest.
- Prepare A few of handfuls of cavolo nero or baby kale, torn into pieces.
- You need of Salt and pepper.
I actually created this vegan sweet potato stew for a German company called Ölmühle Solling. They got tons of healthy oils, flour, spreads, and even I added more cinnamon and cumin for the sweet potato stew, but usually the flavor is strong enough. Especially when you use it for couscous or rice. Course Dinner, Gluten Free, Soup, Stew, Vegan.
Orange stew 🧡 / Squash, sweet potato and carrot stew – vegan step by step
- Heat the oil in a pan (with a lid for later) on a medium heat. Sauté the onion for about 10mins until translucent..
- Add the garlic, celery and spices. Sauté for a couple of mins..
- Add the stock and vinegar. (I added a bit too much stock today; start with 500ml and see how it goes.).
- Add the vegetables and apricots. Cover and simmer for about 40 mins (until the vegetables are tender)..
- Add the lemon juice. Taste and season. Then add the cavolo nero. Cover. Take the pot off the heat. The greens will steam on top of the stew. After a couple of mins, it’s ready to serve..
- Serve with your grain of choice/ on its own with some lemon zest grated on top. Enjoy 😋.
Keyword sweet potato and lentil stew. A hearty and healthy vegan potato jackfruit stew with meaty jackfruit, carrot, smoky spices and tomatoes that will make you go back for seconds and lick your bowls clean. Best served with garlic bruschetta to mop up all that delicious plant-based gravy. All the flavors of a classic Tuscan Italian. Chickpea Sweet Potato Stew. featured in Hearty Stews That Will Fill You Up.