Sweet potato and red cabbage – vegan option. In a pan – with a lid for later – heat the oil on a medium heat. Add the garlic and onions and sauté until the onions are translucent. Crisp-tender, just-cooked cabbage serves as a warm salad base for seasoned sweet potatoes.
Add mashed sweet potatoes, red chili powder, garam masala powder, and salt. Bold and spicy Thai peanut sauce drizzled over roasted sweet potatoes and bell peppers on a bed of rice. The sauce would also be great on stir-fries and salads, or as a dip for raw vegetables. You can cook Sweet potato and red cabbage – vegan option using 11 ingredients and 6 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of Sweet potato and red cabbage – vegan option
- Prepare 2 of sweet potatoes.
- It’s 1 tbsp of + 1 tsp olive oil.
- Prepare 2 cloves of garlic, peeled and crushed.
- Prepare 1 of onion, peeled and finely chopped.
- You need 1/2 of red cabbage, chopped.
- You need 1/4-1/2 cup of water.
- It’s of Generous pinch sea salt.
- You need of Juice of 1 lemon.
- You need 1 tsp of raw honey – if vegan, try 2 tsp apple sauce and less lemon.
- Prepare 3 cm of chunk fresh ginger, grated.
- You need of Lots of fresh parsley.
This is a healthy vegetarian, vegan and gluten-free recipe. Meanwhile, heat the oil in large non-stick saucepan over a medium-high heat. Cook cabbage until all cabbage is more soft and the flavors are well combined (taste to try). In the meantime, cook the potatoes until they are soft in a different pan with water.
Sweet potato and red cabbage – vegan option step by step
- Preheat the oven to 200C. Score the potatoes with a cross. Put on baking tray and bake for 45 minutes – or until a fork goes into them easily..
- In a pan – with a lid for later – heat the oil on a medium heat. Add the garlic and onions and sauté until the onions are translucent. About 10 mins or so..
- Add the cabbage, salt and water and the juice of HALF the lemon. Cover and cook for about 35 mins until tender. Add more water if needed..
- In a small bowl, mix the juice from the other half of the lemon with the honey (or apple sauce) and the ginger..
- When the cabbage is cooked, take off the heat and stir the lemon/honey/ ginger mix through..
- To serve: split open the potatoes, spoon the cabbage mix on top and sprinkle generous amount of parsley on the top. Enjoy 😋.
Add the eggs and peanut sauce and toss well to combine. Transfer to serving bowls and garnish with scallions, peanuts, bean sprouts, and gomaiso. Cube the the block of tofu and place in a bowl. Add the soy sauce, cornstarch, garlic powder and black pepper and toss to coat. My first attempt at a completely vegan meal.