Vegan Chili. A place to hang out for vegans. Post whatever you want here, even if it isn't related to veganism. Instant Pot Vegan Chili – Oil-free Kidney Bean Red Lentil Chili.
The recipe is low-fat and gluten-free. Delicious chili doesnʼt have to include fat-laden meat to taste great. This wonderful chili recipe uses all-natural vegetables, beans, and spices that load up on nutrition and flavor. You can cook Vegan Chili using 19 ingredients and 5 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of Vegan Chili
- Prepare 1 of large bell pepper, diced.
- It’s 1 of medium red onion, diced.
- You need 4 of carrots, peeled and chopped.
- You need 4 of ribs celery, chopped.
- Prepare 2 of sweet potatoes, peeled and diced.
- It’s 1 of zucchini, diced.
- Prepare 1 of Jalepeno pepper, finely chopped.
- Prepare 3 of large cloves garlic, minced.
- Prepare 2 cups of vegetable broth.
- Prepare 1 can (15 oz) of crushed tomatoes.
- You need 1 can (15 oz) of diced tomatoes.
- You need 1 can of black beans, drained.
- Prepare 1 can of Chili beans.
- It’s 1-1/2 teaspoons of smoked paprika.
- You need 2 teaspoons of ground cumin.
- It’s 2 teaspoons of chili powder.
- It’s 1/4 teaspoon of salt.
- You need 4 tablespoons of olive oil.
- You need 2 teaspoons of chopped fresh cilantro.
Vegetarian Chili even a committed carnivore will love. Those of you who have been reading Simply Recipes for a while probably sense (rightly) that my father is a committed. Seriously, I'm not one to brag but this Chili recipe has placed MANY TIMES now in various Chili Cookoffs. It's a healthy, hearty, nutritious and high-protein meal.
Vegan Chili instructions
- In a large Dutch oven or heavy bottomed pot over medium heat, heat the olive oil until shimmering. Add the onion, bell pepper, carrots, celery, sweet potatoes, zucchini, jalepeno, and salt and sauté about 10 minutes stirring occasionally..
- Add the garlic, chili powder, smoked paprika, and cumin. Cook about one minute stirring occasionally..
- Add the vegetable broth, diced tomatoes (with juices), crushed tomatoes, drained black beans, and chili beans. Stir to combine and bring the pot to a simmer. Continue cooking (uncovered) stirring occasionally and reducing heat as necessary to maintain a gentle simmer for 30 minutes. Remove from heat..
- For the best texture and flavor, transfer 1-1/2 cups to a blender and blend until smooth, then pour back into the pot. Add the chopped cilantro and stir..
- Serve however you like your chili – with corn bread, corn chips, noodles, cheese, etc..
Sometimes inspiration comes from the most unexpected places. This vegan chili always keeps me coming back for seconds without ever making me gain weight – one of the many things I love about a whole food plant-based diet. This Ultimate Vegan Chili is sure to please even the most devout of meat-eaters! Meaty, flavorful and protein-rich, this chili is over-the-top delicious. To make this vegan chili sin carne even better, I topped it off with homemade cashew sour cream and sliced avocados.