Tofu scramble or vegan breakfast burrito.
You can have Tofu scramble or vegan breakfast burrito using 17 ingredients and 10 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of Tofu scramble or vegan breakfast burrito
- It’s of scramble.
- Prepare 8 oz of extra firm tofu.
- You need 1 tbsp of olive oil.
- Prepare 1/2 cup of red onion.
- Prepare 1/2 cup of Poblano pepper or pepper of your choice.
- It’s 1 cup of kale or spinach loosely chopped.
- It’s of seasoning.
- Prepare 1/2 tsp of salt.
- You need 1/2 tsp of garlic powder.
- You need 1/2 tsp of ground cumin.
- It’s 1/4 tsp of chili powder.
- Prepare of optional to serve with.
- You need 1 of salsa.
- It’s 1 of cilantro.
- You need 1 of hot sauce.
- You need 1 of hash browns.
- Prepare 1 of in a tortilla (breakfast burrito).
Tofu scramble or vegan breakfast burrito step by step
- Pat dry tofu. Wrap in cheese cloth and put weight on to squeeze water out. I use my cast iron skillet. Let sit for 15 minutes.
- While tofu is draining add all seasonings together in small bowl. Add enough water to make pourable and mix together then set aside..
- Slice onion and pepper of your choice. Loosely chop kale or spinach.
- Heat skillet over medium heat adding oil, onion and peppers. Saute for 5 minutes or until onions become soft..
- Add kale or spinach and cover for 2 minutes..
- Your tofu should be ready by now so unwrap it and crumble with fork to bite sized pieces..
- Uncover veggies and slide to one side of skillet. Add tofu to other side and saute for 2 minutes..
- Add spice sauce, pouring 2/3 to tofu and 1/3 to veggies..
- Cook for 5 minutes in separate places to try to brown tofu slightly then mix together and cook for an additional 2 minutes..
- Serve as you wish. I've done breakfast burritos, served with toast, hash browns, chips. It is always good topped with salsa and/or hot sauce..