Recipe: Tasty Flavorful Vegan Nacho Cheese
Flavorful Vegan Nacho Cheese. Easy Vegan Nacho Cheese Sauce is made with soaked, raw cashews, blended with water, nutritional yeast and spices; and warmed on the stove until it reaches nacho cheese perfection! Optional but good: Add Sriracha to taste or keep it mild for kids with sensitive. How to make Creamy Vegan Queso Dip.
Ingredients of Flavorful Vegan Nacho Cheese
- It’s 2 of Yukon gold potatoes, diced.
- Prepare 2 of whole carrots, chopped.
- You need 1 of yellow onion, halved and sliced.
- It’s 2 cloves of garlic, chopped.
- Prepare of canola oil, enough to saute plus some.
- It’s of unsweetened almond milk, enough to float veggies in blender.
- Prepare 1/4 c. of nutritional yeast.
- You need of juice of 1 lemon.
- Prepare 2 tbsp of salt.
- You need of generous dash of cayenne.
After craving nachos for a long time but not liking the bloated feeling of cheese and sour. Cheesy, creamy, a little spicy, full of flavor – this vegan nacho cheese is killing it. Blended with nutritional yeast and spices, you get a super flavorful cheese that is perfect on top of tortillas, in a bean burrito, on smashed potato nachos, and anything else your. A thick, creamy, tangy, gooey vegan nacho sauce made with supermarket staples.
Flavorful Vegan Nacho Cheese step by step
- Put water on to boil. Cut potatoes and carrots. On a separate board, cut onions and garlic..
- Heat canola oil in pan on low heat. Add potatoes and carrots to boiling water, and onions and garlic to pan..
- Boil/saute for apprx. 10-15 minutes (variations in stoves will determine proper cooking time). Carrots should be soft and onions should brown on edges..
- Add almond milk into blender, covering blade. Add boiled veggies to blender. Fill blender with almond milk until almost covering veggies..
- Add onions and garlic to blender (include oil if desired). Fill blender with oil to cover onions..
- Add lemon juice, nutritional yeast, salt and cayenne to blender. Gradually increase blend speed to highest speed, removing cap if necessary (whipped heat will create pressure, this should not be attempted in a bullet blender). Blend apprx 1-2 minutes depending on blender capabilities. Product should be smooth with only trace specks of cayenne visible..
Perfect for dipping or topping nachos, baked potatoes, veggie burgers, or macaroni and cheese. Note: For the best, smoothest results, use a high-powered blender (such as a Vitamix or Blendtec) and press mixture. Try our Vegan Nacho Cheese – you’ll never know it’s not the ‘real’ thing! This post was created in partnership with our friends at Jackson’s Honest. Disclaimer: This post may contain affiliate links that won’t change your price but will share some commission.