Vegan Cheddar Broccoli Soup. This is by far the BEST vegan broccoli cheddar soup that we've had! Have you ever had Panera's broccoli cheddar soup? Both Chris and I have been dying to veganize it for a while now and after visiting Panera recently for our fast food video and not being able to.
My husband Eric and I eat dinner together to spend some quality time together. This cheesy broccoli cheddar soup is proof that soup doesn't need to be made in big batches to be good. —Cheryl McRae, West Valley, Utah. A classic favorite, broccoli cheese soup was one dish I missed after going dairy-free, so I worked hard to come up with this deliciously satisfying vegan version that is loaded with flavor by the spoonful. You can have Vegan Cheddar Broccoli Soup using 12 ingredients and 8 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of Vegan Cheddar Broccoli Soup
- You need 4 of potatoes, peeled and cubed.
- Prepare 2 of carrots or about 14 baby carrots, chopped.
- Prepare 1-2 cups of regular (unflavored, unsweetened) non dairy milk.
- Prepare 1-2 cups of vegetable stock.
- It’s 1 tbsp of lemon juice.
- It’s 4 tbsp of nutritional yeast.
- Prepare 2 tsp of salt.
- Prepare 1/2 tbsp of garlic powder.
- Prepare 1/2 tbsp of onion powder.
- Prepare 1 tsp of pepper.
- Prepare 1 tsp of paprika.
- It’s 2 cups of broccoli florets.
I make a lot of soups, and this cheddar Vegan Broccoli Soup is. This Vegan Broccoli Cheddar Soup is perfect for those chilly Fall afternoons. A true comfort food favorite with only a fraction of the calories! Anyone remember that yummy Broccoli Cheddar Soup from Panera Bread?
Vegan Cheddar Broccoli Soup instructions
- In 2 separate pots, bring water to boil..
- Cube carrots and potatoes..
- In one pot, add the carrots and potatoes. In the other pot, place a mesh strainer in that hangs over pot edges and above water, and place broccoli in strainer to steam..
- Cover both pots and cook for 10-15 minutes until potatoes and carrots are soft..
- Remove potatoes and carrots from heat and place in blender. Add a 2:1 ratio of dairy free milk to vegetable stock (ex. 1/2 cup milk + 1/4 cup stock) until liquid almost covers veggies. The exact ratio will depend on how big or small your potatoes are..
- Add nutritional yeast, lemon, salt, pepper, and remaining spices to blender..
- Blend on high speed for a minute until soup runs smooth..
- Pour soup into large serving bowl or straight into chowing vessels and add steamed broccoli. Makes 2 just soup servings, or 4 side servings..
A homemade broccoli soup perfect for busy weeknights, because it's super easy to make. Thick, creamy, chunky, dairy-free vegan broccoli "cheddar" soup. You'll never guess the secret ingredients that make this soup taste rich At first, I thought I was going to blend this broccoli "cheddar" soup to make the whole thing silky-smooth and creamy, but truth. Soup is the perfect dinner for our wet and cold winter nights! Set the soup aside and rinse out blender.