Savory Vegan Sweet Potato Fries "Poutine". Sweet potato fries – For best results, you're better off making the sweet potato fries from scratch. I do recommend trying my gravy at some point though, especially if you want a vegetarian version. Cheese – Cheese curds are the traditional choice for poutine, but.
Today, I am making my poutine with sweet potato fries and topping them with fresh goat cheese and a rich butter miso gravy. The goat cheese goes well with the sweet potato and is all brought together with the savory flavor of the miso gravy. I hope you try this at. You can have Savory Vegan Sweet Potato Fries "Poutine" using 11 ingredients and 7 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of Savory Vegan Sweet Potato Fries "Poutine"
- You need 2 tbsp of vegan butter (plus more to make smooth).
- You need 1/8 cup of flour.
- It’s 1 cup of vegetable broth.
- Prepare 1-2 tsp of soy sauce.
- Prepare 1 tsp of thyme.
- You need 1/4 tsp of sage.
- It’s 1/4 tsp of nutmeg.
- It’s 2 tsp of garlic powder.
- Prepare 1/2 cup of vegan mozzarella cheese.
- It’s 1/2 cup of vegan protein crumbles.
- Prepare 1/2 package of sweet potato fries.
I start this sweet potato poutine with sweet potatoes on a baking sheet, Lighted salted with sea salt. Don't underestimate the power of a little salt, even in Traditionally a savory brown gravy, I decided to go with marshmallow fluff. I did the same thing with my pretzel dessert nachos and it works like a charm! Learn how to make Sweet Potato Poutine.
Savory Vegan Sweet Potato Fries "Poutine" step by step
- Cook sweet potato fries according to the product packaging around the prep and cooking for gravy sauce..
- Melt vegan butter in medium saucepan or fry pan over medium-low. Add flour and stir til smooth. Add more butter to make smooth if necessary..
- Add vegetable broth to flour mixture and stir til smooth..
- Add soy sauce (more or less to taste)..
- Add (4) dry spices and stir..
- Pour cheese and protein crumbles on top of gravy sauce. Cover pot or pan to speed up the melting process without burning. Let melt for 5-10 minutes (depending on how melty you want the cheese – the less time, the more poutine-like)..
- Stir one final time and serve over sweet potato fries..
This lightened-up, unique riff on hearty poutine combines roasted sweet potatoes, crumbled cheese curds, and savory Pile sweet potato fries on plate, sprinkle with cheese, smother with warm gravy, and garnish. Variation of the Québécois classic Poutine. Learn how to make poutine with this sweet My version of the Québécois classic Poutine made with sweet potato fries covered in With mashed potatoes, it's a perfect meal, and the thought of missing this had me a little. I want a soy free gluten free sugar free unprocessed lower carb vegan veggie loaded version. This is my sweet potato fry recipe.