Vegan Mashed Potatoes. Well, this vegan mashed potatoes recipe came from the same place of inspiration: while I was working out watching the Food Network. Tyler Florence was making a version of mashed potatoes I'd never seen before. These vegan mashed potatoes reheat incredibly — no gumminess or over-mixing to worry about.
Light and fluffy, these easy vegan mashed potatoes made from scratch using an Instant Pot, or made on the stovetop, are seriously the best mashed potatoes ever! Recipe can easily be halved or doubled. Place potatoes, garlic, rosemary, and thyme in a large pot and cover with salted water; bring to a boil. You can cook Vegan Mashed Potatoes using 9 ingredients and 12 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of Vegan Mashed Potatoes
- You need 2 each of Rapunzel Vegan Vegetable Bouillon Cube with Sea Salt and Herbs.
- It’s 5 large of Yukon Gold Potatoes.
- You need 1 large of Vidalia Onion.
- It’s 2 cup of Broccoli Florets, fresh.
- Prepare 1 tbsp of Fresh Chives, to garnish.
- You need 1 tsp of Fresh Ground Pepper.
- You need 1 tsp of Kosher Salt.
- Prepare 1 tsp of Ground Sage.
- It’s 1 of Water.
What is your favorite version of potatoes? Fries, baked potato, chips, or mashed? These mashed potatoes are so fluffy, flavorful, and buttery – but totally vegan, of course! We used to make Instant Pot mashed potatoes pretty.
Vegan Mashed Potatoes step by step
- This is a vegan recipe that excludes milk or butter and uses vegetables to achieve a flavorful result..
- Set 1 quart water to boil in large saucepan. Add bouillon cubes..
- Cut potatoes and onion into large chunks.
- Cut broccoli into florets, with minimal stalks.
- When bouillon reaches a boil, remove one cup, set aside.
- Add potatoes, onion, and broccoli to pot, add additional water as needed to cover vegetables.
- Cover pan, reduce heat and cook 30-40 minutes or until potatoes are soft enough to mash.
- Remove from heat, drain water, transfer to bowl for mashing.
- Add salt, pepper, sage.
- Using hand masher, mash the vegetables. Add the bouillon set aside earlier as needed to achieve a good consistency..
- Sprinkle prepared potatoes with chives to garnish.
- Vegetarian, not vegan? Add 3 tablespoons butter prior to mashing, if you like..
This vegan mashed potatoes recipe proves you can have creamy potatoes without dairy products. Plus they have a delicious cheesy flavor you won't believe! Mashed Potatoes are one side dish that seems to pop up on every holiday table (whether it's Thanksgiving. Vegan mashed potatoes without the fuss! No dairy-free butter needed; build flavor from pantry ingredients using my simple tips.