Light, Refreshing Potato Salad – Vegan. A vegan potato salad that doesn't require commercial vegan mayo, tofu, cashews, OR a blender! Creamy, refreshing, and made with everyday ingredients. Labor Day is coming and it's still a million degrees out here in Baltimore, so that means it's time for a nice refreshing vegan potato salad.
I am never left with leftovers from this potato salad! Light Mediterranean Potato Salad (Vegan, Gluten-Free) This light Mediterranean potato salad is a refreshing side to bring to summer picnics and parties, and I prefer it so much more to traditional potato salads with mayo-based dressing. This light sweet potato salad is deliciously flavoured with fresh herbs and garlic. You can cook Light, Refreshing Potato Salad – Vegan using 5 ingredients and 6 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of Light, Refreshing Potato Salad – Vegan
- You need 2 of large potatoes (Russet or baking potatoes).
- You need 1/4 cup of finely diced pickles (I use kosher dill or brine).
- You need 4 of spring onions (scallions), thinly sliced.
- Prepare 3 tbs. of mayonnaise (see my recipe for vegan mayo).
- Prepare to taste of salt and pepper.
Sweet potatoes are rich in vitamin A, fiber and are lower in calories and carbs than white potato. This healthy mayo-free lemon dill potato salad is fresh, full of flavor and perfect for those hot summer days! Light and refreshing, thanks to the citrus and herbs this is a potato salad you'll make again and again. Add to a large saucepan and cover with water.
Light, Refreshing Potato Salad – Vegan step by step
- Cut potatoes into 1/2 inch cubes..
- Steam potatoes over small amount of water in a steamer in a medium pot..
- If you don't have a steamer (a few dollars at Walmart and the likes), cook potatoes whole, preferably unpeeled, and then peel and cube..
- Drain potatoes. While they cool slightly, you can cut the pickles and spring onions..
- In a medium bowl, mix all ingredients. Taste and add salt and pepper to taste..
Add a healthy dash of salt (for flavor) and bring to a boil. In a large saucepan or Dutch oven combine sliced potatoes and salt. Bring a large stock pot of water to boil and add the cubed potatoes. Once tender, strain the potatoes through a colander and rinse with cool water. Set aside to let cool completely.