Spicy vegan potato curry. Vegan Potato Curry recipe is healthy, hearty and delicious, this recipe is suitable for large crowds, it's easy to make and loved by even the strictest meat eater. It's layered with different textures and flavors, naturally gluten-free, oil-free and sugar-free – making this an exceptionally healthy vegan curry recipe. Serve it with a khichdi, pulao or with a flatbread like roti or Vegan, gluten-free, soy-free and nut-free.
Fried potatoes are simmered in a spicy and savory tomato-cashew sauce infused with delicious, aromatic Indian spices. You'll be surprised by how tasty the humble potato can be! Creamy sweet potato curry with spinach! You can cook Spicy vegan potato curry using 14 ingredients and 2 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of Spicy vegan potato curry
- Prepare 4 of Potatoes, peeled and cube.
- It’s 2 tbsp of Vegetable oil.
- You need 1 of Yellow onion, diced.
- Prepare 3 clove of Garlic, minced.
- Prepare 2 tsp of ground cumin.
- You need 1 1/2 tsp of cayenne pepper.
- You need 4 tsp of Curry powder.
- It’s 1 of 1 inch fresh ginger root, peeled and minced.
- It’s 2 tsp of Salt.
- It’s 1 can of 14.5 ounce diced tomatoes.
- Prepare 1 can of 15 ounce garbanzo beans (chickpeas), rinsed and drained.
- Prepare 1 can of 15 ounce peas, drained.
- Prepare 1 can of 14 ounce coconut milk.
- Prepare 4 tsp of garam masala.
It's a wonderful comfort meal for dinner which is also great for meal prep. First of all, potatoes in curry are AMAZING → Refer to this recipe: Potato Veggie Lentil Curry. Second, pan-fried tofu in curry is also, AMAZING → Here I present to you: Spicy Tofu & Potato Coconut Curry Soup → crispy golden-brown tofu, plenty of vegetables: tender Creamer potatoes. Vegan Potato Curry made in the Instant Pot.
Spicy vegan potato curry instructions
- Place potatoes into a large pot and cover with salted water. Bring to a boil over high heat, then reduce heat to medium low, cover, and simmer until just tender, about 15 minutes. Drain and allowed to steam drive for a minute or 2..
- Meanwhile, heat the vegetable oil in a large skillet over medium heat. Stir in the onion and garlic. cook and stir until the onion has softened and turn translucent, about 5 minutes. Season with cumin, cayenne pepper, curry powder, garam masala, ginger, and salt. cook for 2 minutes more. Add the tomatoes, garbanzo beans, peas, and potatoes. pour in the coconut milk, and bring to a simmer. Simmer 5 to 10 minutes before serving..
This curry is easy to make and packed with flavors. It makes a great lunch or dinner! I use potatoes all the time in my kitchen whether it is to make simple stir fry or my favorite aloo paratha. This time around I used them to make this Vegan Potato Curry in. Method For Your Vegan Spicy Potato Curry: Place your cubed potatoes in a large pot and cover with water.