Vegan Potato Rolls.
You can cook Vegan Potato Rolls using 11 ingredients and 8 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of Vegan Potato Rolls
- You need of For the "Buttermilk".
- You need 1 tb of apple cider vinegar.
- It’s 1 cup of soymilk.
- Prepare of For the Dough.
- It’s 350 gr of whole wheat flour (I use Bob's Red Mill).
- You need 350 gr of unbleached white flour.
- It’s 1 of medium cooked potato, mashed.
- Prepare 2 tsp of salt.
- Prepare 3/4 tb of active dry yeast.
- Prepare 1/2 cup of lukewarm water.
- Prepare 2 tsp of coconut sugar.
Vegan Potato Rolls step by step
- Mix the vinegar and the soy milk, let it stand for 5 minutes..
- Mash or grate the cooked potato..
- Combine the flour and mashed potato in the bowl of a stand mixer. Make well in the middle, mix the yeast, the sugar with a little flour and pour 1/2 cup of water over it. Let it stand for couple of minutes..
- Turn the mixer on, slowly ad the salt and remaining water. Beat it until the dough forms into a ball. If the dough is sticky, add additional flour, 1 tablespoon at a time, until the dough comes together in a solid ball. Scrape the dough onto a lightly floured surface and gently knead into a smooth, firm ball. Cover it and rest it for 1 hour..
- Turn dough back onto the table, cut into 16 pieces.
- Shape the rolls.
- Place them onto prepared baking sheet. Let rise for 30 minutes..
- Preheat oven to 375F and bake them in the preheated oven until golden brown, 25-30 minutes..