Vegan Sweet Potato Salad. Toss the diced sweet potatoes in olive oil and spread in a single layer on a baking sheet. If you can keep yourself from eating all the sweet potatoes straight from the oven, then you can make this sweet potato salad 🙂 Just whisk together all the dressing ingredients and toss over the sweet potatoes. This gorgeous nutrient-packed take on the classic potato […] healthy-vegan-cooking: Easy Vegan Sweet Potato Salad
There are so many different variations on potato salad, but this vegan potato salad has a little mustard, and also dill pickles for a bit more flavor. Yes, it's easy to make potato salad suitable for a vegan diet – just choose a vegan mayonnaise. And make sure to leave out any chopped eggs or bacon of course. You can have Vegan Sweet Potato Salad using 8 ingredients and 6 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of Vegan Sweet Potato Salad
- You need 2 of large sweet potatoes, cubed.
- You need 1/2 of red onion sliced.
- It’s 3-4 tablespoons of olive oil.
- You need of Salt.
- It’s 2 of ripe avocados, cubed.
- You need 2 tablespoons of Apple cider vinegar.
- Prepare 1 tablespoon of honey or sugar.
- It’s of Sriracha hot sauce.
Place potatoes in a large pot and cover with water. Place pot on the stove over high heat and cover. Bring to a boil and then lower heat to a simmer. I'm following a high carb vegan diet and I feel awesome, but I eat healthy carbs, not the refined and processed ones.
Vegan Sweet Potato Salad step by step
- Preheat oven to 400 f. Line a baking sheet with foil..
- Toss sweet potato cubes with oil and season liberally with salt. Spread in a single layer on baking tray and bake for about 10 minutes.
- Turn the potatoes and add the red onions and bake until the potatoes are cooked through and the onions are soft.
- In a bowl, mix vinegar, honey (or sugar), and sriracha to taste..
- Combine roasted potatoes and onions with avocado and mix with dressing.
We've put together all of our best plant-based sweet potato recipes, from cracking veg-packed curries, stews and pies, to delicious vegan burgers.. Add the the potatoes to a stock pot and cover by a few inches with water. Add lots of salt to the water, and stir. Hot Or Cold Sweet Potato Salad Recipe. Because the crowd-pleasing salad can be served hot or cold, it's a great option for either summer or Fall.