Vegan Cheesy Potatoes. Cheesy Potatoes Without Cream Of Chicken Soup Recipes. Did you make this VEGAN Cheesy Potato Casserole? Add the diced potatoes,cover and reduce heat to medium allowing the potatoes to brown.
Did I mention that we love these vegan scalloped potatoes that much?! This recipe has a cheesy-no-cheese flair thanks to the nutritional yeast. These vegan Cheesy Potato Wedges were really easy to make. You can have Vegan Cheesy Potatoes using 10 ingredients and 6 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of Vegan Cheesy Potatoes
- You need 2.5-3 pounds of russet potatoes cubed.
- You need 1 of very small onion or 1/2 normal size chopped.
- Prepare 2 Tbsp of olive oil.
- Prepare 2 Cups of almond milk.
- It’s 3 Tbsp of nutritional yeast.
- It’s 2.5 Tbsp of cornstarch.
- You need 1 Tsp of salt plus more to sprinkle.
- You need 3 Tbsp of soft vegan butter.
- Prepare 1/2 cup of finely grated vegan parmesan cheese.
- You need of Ground Pepper.
Matt and I enjoyed them so much, I made them again later in the week for a movie night snack. Although JL used fingerling potatoes, I had to use small baby potatoes because I could not find fingerling. These Vegan Cheesy Scalloped Potatoes are an easy and healthy recipe made with clean, real food ingredients. It's the perfect plant-based side dish that's made with perfectly baked potato slices and covered in a dairy-free "cheesy" sauce that everyone will love!
Vegan Cheesy Potatoes instructions
- Preheat oven to 375. Saute the onions in olive oil for 5 minutes and during the last minute add the garlic. Cut the potatoes into small bite sized cubes and place into a large bowl. Add the onions to the potatoes and mix..
- In a 4 cup measuring cup, add the almond milk, nutritional yeast, cornstarch and salt. Mix until particles have disolved..
- Finely grate the vegan Parmesan cheese till you have about 1/2 cup. More is better and you can also wait to grate it when you add it to the pot directly..
- Grease a 3 quart baking dish. Add 1/3 of the potato mixture, sprinkle with salt and pepper, add 1/3 of the cheese and slice up 1 Tbsp vegan butter on top. Repeat this process 2 more times..
- Pour the liquid mixture onto the potatoes. If there are still some clumps in the liquid, discard them. The liquid should almost cover the top layer of potatoes..
- Bake with a cover for 40 minutes. Remove cover and bake another 40-50 minutes. Let pot rest for 5 minutes and serve..
Vegan butter is optional but definitely recommended! It's super simple to enter, just leave a comment telling me which. The best vegan potatoes au gratin with leeks, thyme, cashew cream and nutritional yeast. Easy to make, healthy and beyond delicious! I did a quick soak of the cashews that I then blended into a cheesy cream sauce with nutritional yeast, lemon juice, garlic and water.