Hot Dog Chili Sauce.
You can have Hot Dog Chili Sauce using 12 ingredients and 6 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of Hot Dog Chili Sauce
- Prepare 1 lb of ground beef.
- It’s 1 (12 oz) of package hot dogs (the red kind, Jesse Jones, Curtis).
- You need 1 of large sweet onion.
- It’s 2 tsp of ground cumin.
- It’s 1 tbsp of worcestershire sauce.
- You need 1 can of tomato paste (6 oz).
- It’s 3 can of water (use the tomato paste can).
- It’s 1/2 tsp of cayenne pepper.
- Prepare 4 tbsp of chili powder.
- Prepare 1 of salt to taste.
- Prepare 3 tbsp of ketchup.
- Prepare 1 tbsp of white vinegar (or lemon juice).
Hot Dog Chili Sauce instructions
- Put onions in food processor and grind finely. You want the onions to disappear in the sauce. If you don't have a food processor, grate the onions as finely as possible. Set onions aside..
- Cut up hot dogs and place in food processor. It's OK if there's a little leftover onion still in there! Grind the hot dogs finely to almost a paste consistency. You may need to add some water. If you don't have a food processor, I don't know what to tell you. Grate them as finely as possible..
- Add onions (plus onion juice), ground hot dogs and ground beef into pot over medium heat. Break up the ground beef as much as possible while browning..
- When beef has browned, add tomato paste and stir until well incorporated..
- Add remaining ingredients and simmer at least 2 hours..
- Serve in buns over your favorite hot dogs with condiments of your choice. Our favorites are yellow mustard, onions, chili and coleslaw!.