Ethiopian black eyed beans stew (vegan). Vegan black-eyed bean stew has been a staple in our household. Being another popular African meal, my mum used to make it for our family regularly. Famous popular black eyed beans peas Stew Africa Caribbean Morocco India and many more country simple version lots of flavor I m true fan love Bean stew.
I love Ethiopian food, and while visiting my niece in Portland, OR, we went to an excellent Ethiopian restaurant. In the same section of town there were a few Ethiopian Markets stocked with homemade Berbere spice already mixed and. And black-eyed peas are one of my most favorite denizens of beanworld. You can have Ethiopian black eyed beans stew (vegan) using 18 ingredients and 9 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of Ethiopian black eyed beans stew (vegan)
- It’s 1 tbsp of paprika.
- It’s 1 tbsp of ginger powder.
- You need 1 tbsp of & 1/2 of Yellow Ras el Hanout.
- You need 1 tbsp of turmeric powder.
- Prepare to taste of Cayenne pepper powder.
- You need to taste of Black pepper.
- It’s 1 of medium onion.
- It’s 3 of gloves of garlic.
- Prepare 2 of medium sweet potatoes.
- You need 1 of red bell pepper.
- You need 1 handful of coriander.
- It’s 1 tin of coconut milk.
- It’s 500 g of black eyed beans.
- It’s 1 squeeze of Agave syrup.
- You need 2 of vegetable stocks cubes.
- You need 1 of drizzle of olive oil.
- You need of I didn’t add okra this time but it tastes lovely with it 😋.
- It’s of Pro tip: mash a couple of sweet potatoes to make the stew thicker.
Partly because they're so delicious and creamy, but This is very much a kid-friendly recipe if you have a kid who appreciates spice. There's tons of flavor here, and see how pretty that stew is with all those colorful veggies? The flavors in this stew work so well together that you'll never miss the meat. Cilantro, honey and garlic are an ideal matche for the black beans and fresh vegetables. —Marilyn Waters of Outing, Minnesota.
Ethiopian black eyed beans stew (vegan) instructions
- Place all the ingredients together.
- Place Drizzle of olive oil into a pan, pre heat then add onions. Cook onions until the are semi cooked.
- Once onions are semi cooked, add spices and agave nectar and cook for another another 2 minutes.
- Add tomatos and cook for another 2 -3 minutes.
- Add red pepper and cook for another 2 – 3 minutes.
- Add sweet potatoes and cook for another 2 – 3 minutes.
- Add the coconut milk to the above and cook on gas mark 6 until it starts boiling, once it starts boiling reduce heat to gas mark 4 and leave for 20 minutes. Stir every 5 minutes..
- Add the black eyed beans, coriander, stir and leave for another 15 minutes. Be mindful to stir every couple of minutes so it doesn’t burn..
- Serve along with rice and decorate with couple of pumpkin seeds, coriander and spring onion..
The Best Ethiopian Vegetarian Recipes on Yummly Spicy Ethiopian Lentil Stew, Mesir Wat (ethiopian Lentil Stew) Rib Eye Steak Rubs For Grilling Recipes. Ethiopian Split Pea stew – Kik Alicha. Vegan GlutenfreeVegan Richa. black pepper, garlic cloves. I've loved black-eyed peas since I was very small.