Yam and pumpkin creamy soup (vegan). creamy pumpkin sweet potato soup – vegan. Although this pumpkin and sweet potato soup is already vegan, don't think that it's not creamy. Thanks to the texture of the sweet potato and pumpkin, the soup has a thicker and creamier consistency.
Well, I must clarify, it's ready in that short a time provided you bought your pumpkin already peeled and chopped. Pumpkin and sweet potatoes are simmered on the stove top with white wine and fresh thyme in this simple yet delicious and nourishing sweet potato and pumpkin soup. This pumpkin and sweet potato soup is the perfect fall or autumn soup recipe for your vegetarian or vegan meal. You can cook Yam and pumpkin creamy soup (vegan) using 8 ingredients and 5 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of Yam and pumpkin creamy soup (vegan)
- You need 2 of yam.
- You need 1 piece of pumpkin.
- You need 1 of medium onion.
- You need 3 of garlic cloves.
- It’s to taste of Salt.
- You need to taste of Black pepper.
- It’s 1 of drizzle of olive oil.
- Prepare of Sweet potato and celery are 2 ingredients that go very well in this creamy soup. Please try it with them!.
Home » Roast Pumpkin Sweet Potato Soup. This post may contain affiliate links to Amazon and other sides. Creamy Vegan Pumpkin & Sweet Potato Soup. I had been craving pumpkin soup for a while, and we had some while we were in Italy of all places, and I knew I had to make it as soon as I got home!
Yam and pumpkin creamy soup (vegan) step by step
- Prepare all the ingredients together..
- Add a drizzle of olive oil and add the onion and garlic. Fry until it browns..
- Add chunks of yam and pumpkin, mix together..
- Add water until it covers everything, salt and pepper. Cover and let it cook for 20 minutes in medium heat..
- Once it’s cooked, strain and blend all the ingredients. Add a bit of water to make the mix less thicker..
The starchiness of the cooked sweet potatoes naturally lends itself to making a creamy soup. But to ensure you have a thick and creamy sweet potato soup, you don't want to add too much vegetable broth or almond milk. This simple vegan sweet potato soup recipe can easily be adjusted to your preference. The comforting flavors of butternut squash and sweet potato come together with just enough coconut milk to give it a rich and creamy texture. All of those flavors might sound a little sweet for soup but the coconut milk is actually very subtle and the vegetable broth and onion balance it all out.