Vegan Hot Dog.
You can cook Vegan Hot Dog using 15 ingredients and 17 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of Vegan Hot Dog
- You need 1 cup of Kidney Beans (rajma).
- Prepare 1 of Potato – medium sized.
- Prepare 50 – 80 grams of Tofu Paneer or (non vegan option).
- It’s 1 tablespoon of cornflour.
- You need 2 – 3 tablespoons of bread crumbs.
- It’s 3 teaspoons of Paprika (if unavaillable, use regular chili powder).
- It’s 1 teaspoon of Pepper Powder.
- It’s 1 teaspoon of Salt (adjust as per taste).
- It’s 2 tablespoons of Cilantro – chopped – (optional).
- It’s of Hot Dog Buns.
- Prepare of Tomato Ketchup.
- It’s of Mustard Sauce (optional).
- It’s of Tomato Slices.
- You need of Onion Slices.
- Prepare of Cabbage Lettuce leaves /.
Vegan Hot Dog step by step
- Soak the Kidney beans in water overnight. (For around 6-8 hours).
- Cook the beans in a pressure cooker or however you like. Make sure they are soft and can be mashed.
- Completely filter the water from the kidney beans. Use a clean cloth or towel to remove some excess water from the kidney beans..
- Boil, peel & mash the potatoes. (& also mash the tofu if you are using it). In a large mixing bowl, mash the kidney beans with your hands or fork or a food processor.
- Add the mashed potatoes, green chilies & mashed tofu to it & mix well..
- Add the chopped cilantro, Salt, Paprika, Pepper powder & Bread Crumbs.
- Mix everything well. Taste and adjust the spices. If the mixture is sticky or doesn’t seem thick enough, add more bread crumbs. Divide the mixture to equal portions.
- Take a part of the mixture on a flat surface..
- Imagine how a sausage looks like. Slowly, start rolling the mixture evenly as if it were a rolling pin. Form a thick sausage..
- Again, coat them with very little bread crumbs..
- Heat the oil on a flat pan. Very gently, place 1 or 2 sausages on the pan. Let it cook on one side on medium heat for about 3-4 minutes or until it is crisp..
- Then gently, with the help of a spoon, turn the sausage so that the other side gets cooked. Again, on medium heat for 3-4 minutes. Repeat the same in all for sides. You have to be careful and give support to the sausages while the smaller side is cooking coz they easily disintegrate!.
- Remove them on a tissue paper. There you go! Your vegetarian sausages are ready..
- Keep the bun & sausages ready. If the hot dog bun is a day old, warm it for 15 seconds in the microwave. Slice the bun through the length.
- Apply butter (optional) and tomato sauce generously on the lower half. STEP 4: Place the sausage we prepared above on the lower half..
- Apply all the sauces that you like on top of the sausage and the upper half of the bun. Also add onion & tomato slices if you like.
- Close the lower half with the other half of the bun. and serve hot.