Vegan peanut stew. How to Make West African Peanut Stew: Step by Step Photos. Peanut stew is a staple food of Western Africa. The actual African name of this insanely tasty stew is "Groundnut Stew".
I know peanut butter and kidney beans might sound like a strange combination but you have to trust me This deliciously creamy and rich coconut-based Vegan Peanut Stew makes for a warm and comforting easy weeknight meal that's. This West African Peanut Stew is vegan, gluten-free, and plant-forward, but it tastes like comfort food! Packed with hearty ingredients like protein-rich white beans, sweet potatoes, and kale, it's a feel-good meal that'll become your new favorite vegan dinner! You can have Vegan peanut stew using 16 ingredients and 6 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of Vegan peanut stew
- You need 1 of onion.
- You need 20 pods of okra, slice lengthways.
- Prepare 5 of mini aubergines, cubed.
- You need 2 of tblsp grated ginger.
- You need 2 of green chilli.
- Prepare 1 of large sweet potato, cubed.
- It’s 2 of tomatoes, pureed.
- It’s 2 of tblsp tomato puree.
- It’s .75 cup of smooth peanut butter.
- It’s .5 cup of peanuts.
- Prepare 5 cups of veg stock.
- It’s 1 tsp of paprika.
- Prepare 1 tsp of fenugreek.
- You need 1 of tblsp coriander.
- You need 1 tsp of cumin.
- You need to taste of Harrissa paste.
This is a place for people who are vegans or interested in veganism to share links, ideas, or recipes. "A philosophy and way of living which. limit my search to r/vegan. use the following search parameters to narrow your results The good news is that this Sweet Potato, Red Lentil, and Peanut Stew hits all of those marks! I fondly remember the first time I had a variation of this sweet potato stew. Vegan African Peanut Stew (Slow Cooker)Sweet Peas and Saffron. This stew is high in protein, but be careful – it's also high in calories.
Vegan peanut stew instructions
- Sauté onion in a very large pan in a splash of oil over medium heat.
- Add spices, chilli and tomato puree and stir until purée is nearly dry.
- Add tomatoes, peanut butter and stock and stir.
- Add veg and peanuts and bring to the boil. Turn heat down and simmer for 30-mins.
- Stir in harissa paste a little at a time until you have the heat/spice you like.
- Serve with cous cous, quinoa or rice.
The peanuts add a nice crunch to contrast the softly cooked veggies, whilst. Peanut butter and tomatoes lend a rich and creamy backdrop to this simple, hearty Ghanaian chicken stew. Up for something a bit bolder? Try this goat- and tripe-based version instead. Peanut stew or groundnut stew, also called as maafe (Wolof, mafé, maffé, maffe), sauce d'arachide (French), tigadèguèna or domoda, is a stew or sauce that is a staple food in Western Africa.