Peas stew with chapati #vegan contest. Join Chef Andy and learn how to cook Peas and Carrot Stew ,White Chapati and assorted Pepper Sticks. Chapati (also spelled chapathi) is an Indian flat bread that is a staple in North India and Pakistan, although today it has also made its way to South India. Like most Indian food, it's meant to be served alongside a variety of different dishes.
The peas are added towards the end because they were already boiled prior. The bell pepper is also added towards the end so that they do not overcook and maintain their color too. This potato stew would be fantastic with rice, chapati or your preferred starch. You can have Peas stew with chapati #vegan contest using 13 ingredients and 15 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of Peas stew with chapati #vegan contest
- You need of For stew.
- You need 5 of medium size potatoes.
- You need 1 of carrot.
- It’s 2 of tomatoes.
- It’s 1 cup of peas.
- It’s to taste of Salt.
- It’s 2 tbsp of Cooking oil.
- Prepare of For chapati.
- You need 5 cups of flour.
- It’s 2 cups of water.
- It’s 1 tsp of salt.
- Prepare 2 tbsp of oil.
- It’s of More oil for cooking.
East African Chapati is a beautiful unleavened flat Bread eaten in East Africa in Countries like Burundi Uganda, Mozambique, Kenya,… What I like about this Bread is how soft it is and it goes along with a lot of meals. Serve hot topped with chopped cilantro leaves! Chapatis are a great meal because you can make them and reheat them the next day to have with tea or a chosen. The secret to making very Soft delicious Chapati is in the Dough, the kneading process is what really determines how soft your Chapati will become.
Peas stew with chapati #vegan contest instructions
- Add 2 cups warm water in a bowl add salt and 2 tbsp oil.
- Add 4 cups flour to the water and mix using a wooden spoon.
- Transfer the dough to a flouredsurface and continue kneading using the remaining cup of flour knead till u get a soft non sticky dough.
- Let it resr for 10 minutes then spread it and cut into strips as shown in the photo.
- Roll the strips to form round balls.
- Spread and cook your chapati.
- Peas stew.
- Assemble and prepare your ingredients.
- Fry onions till soft.
- Add tomatoes as you stir.
- Add carrots continue stirring add salt.
- Add your peas and some water let cook for a while.
- Add potatoes and you can add more water according to preferance let it cook.
Gravies for Chapati, Roti, Naan, Poori, Aapam & Pulav. Potato pea curry is an all time hit as chapati/rice side dish with Warmth of raw spices, hint of sourness from tamarind and spice kick from red chillies infused in to veggies. Relish this potato peas curry with chapati or rice. It tastes extremely good with each of them. Red peas, stew beef, pig's tail, coconut milk, hot pepper, spices combine for a hearty dish popular all over Jamaica.