Cottage Pie (Vegan). Topped with creamy, fluffy mashed potatoes. The perfect hearty entree for colder weather. Vegetarian Shepherd's Pie with mushrooms, carrots, peas, gravy and baked under creamy mashed potatoes. ♡ Plant based!
A meat-free mushroom and lentil base is topped with a cloud of fluffy mashed potato making a hearty, filling. With the end of summer approaching, tuck into this comforting Vegan Cottage Pie that is warm, filling, and nutritious. This Vegan Cottage Pie consists of healthy, clean and wholesome ingredients. You can have Cottage Pie (Vegan) using 11 ingredients and 5 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of Cottage Pie (Vegan)
- You need 1 of Onion, finely chopped.
- Prepare 2 of Carrots, finely chopped.
- It’s 2 of Garlic cloves, crushed.
- You need 2 Tbsp of tomato purée.
- You need 800 g of Chopped tomato (2 cans).
- It’s 2 Tsp of dried thyme.
- It’s 150 g of Dried red lentils.
- Prepare 700 ml of Vegetable stock.
- It’s 400 g of Potato, mashed.
- It’s 2 of Spring onions.
- It’s 50 g of Soya mince (optional).
Vegan cottage pie recipe made with mushrooms, lentils and rosemary. Behind a deliciously crispy potato topping lies a rich mushroom and lentil vegan cottage pie filling. Watch our Vivera & Guinness Cottage Pie with Basil Mash vegan recipe. Rich and comforting cottage pie made with veggie mince, mushrooms and carrots and topped with sliced potatoes.
Cottage Pie (Vegan) instructions
- Heat onions & carrots in a large pan with a small amount of vegetable stock. Cook for 5-10 mins, until softened. Then add garlic and cook for a further 2 minutes..
- Stir in tomato purée, chopped tomatoes, thyme, lentils & the remaining vegetable stock, then simmer for 25-30 minutes until the mixture is reduced and creamy. Season to taste..
- Meanwhile, preheat oven to 200 degrees, cook potatoes & mash (Add dairy free spread & dash of almond milk for a creamy tasting mash). Then stir in the spring onion and season to taste..
- Pour the lentil mixture into an ovenproof dish and spread evenly. Top with the mash potato and bake for 15-20 minutes, until crisp and golden..
- Serve with seasonal vegetables..
Want to try. more. by Milba. This hearty simple pie is very delicious. Vegetarian Cottage Pie made with lentils, butternut squash, cauliflower and spices in a rich savory tomato sauce and topped off with Vegan and Gluten Free! Good old family classic cottage pie made vegan friendly and is a perfect family comfort food dish for a chilly day. This is comfort food at its best: vegan cottage pie with a super easy sunflower seed mince!