Sweet potato peanut curry. This simple peanut and sweet potato curry was a big hit in our house and I hope it will become one of your favourite midweek meals also. PS: If you make my vegan peanut curry with sweet potato, don't forget to tag me on Instagram as @lazycatkitchen and use the #lazycatkitchen hashtag. Sweet potatoes add substance and acts almost as sponges to soak up all the delicious flavours.
Baking and standing near the stove for too long is not fun. So what to do with the sweet potatoes if not bake them? Make them into a quick curry. You can cook Sweet potato peanut curry using 16 ingredients and 7 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of Sweet potato peanut curry
- You need 1 tablespoon of cumin.
- You need 1 teaspoon of coriander.
- You need 1 teaspoon of turmeric.
- It’s 4 cloves of garlic.
- You need 1 of red chilli.
- Prepare 2 of onions.
- Prepare 2 of sweet potatoes.
- You need 500 ml of vegan stock.
- Prepare 6 tablespoons of peanut butter.
- You need 1 can of chopped tomatoes.
- It’s 1 can of chickpeas.
- It’s 1 of red pepper.
- It’s 2 handfuls of spinach.
- It’s Handful of fresh coriander.
- It’s Handful of chopped peanuts.
- You need of Boiled rice.
You have sweet potatoes, kale, curry, and peanuts all in one delicious recipe. If you make this curry sweet potato, kale, and peanut stew, leave a comment below and rate the recipe on the recipe card. And please share your photos with me on Instagram, tag @thecuriouschickpea and. West African-style curry with chicken and sweet potato.
Sweet potato peanut curry step by step
- Grind up the spices and toast over a medium heat..
- Add oil, garlic and onions and fry for a few minutes..
- Cut the sweet potatoes in to cubes and add to the pan..
- Add stock, peanut butter and chopped tomatoes. Reduce to a low heat and cover. Cook for as long as possible. The longer the better. I usually aim for 4 hours..
- Add the chickpeas and red pepper and cook for a further 30 minutes..
- Stir in the spinach and fresh coriander..
- Serve with boiled rice. Garnish with chopped peanuts..
Inspired by the peanut-based curries of West African cooking, this recipe is a simplified version, using peanut butter as a quick shortcut. This was my most requested dish, sweet potato satay curry with the most incredible silky peanut and spinach sauce. It's vegetarian, vegan and the perfect. It's for surely gotta be sweet potato curry, for surely for sure. There just cannot be anything else.