Dairy-Free Potato Bake. A few easy swaps make this dairy free baked potato soup as good as the real deal, and you won't miss the heavy cream. Plus, it makes my occasional bowl of cheesy soup at a restaurant that much better. This dairy free baked potato soup is a complete dupe for the real thing, and you won't even.
Comfort food can take a step forward and still give you that old nostalgic feeling. This Dairy Free Herbed Scalloped Potatoes recipe is a great example of that. Have a baking tray ready to go. You can cook Dairy-Free Potato Bake using 7 ingredients and 6 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of Dairy-Free Potato Bake
- You need 8-10 of small potatoes.
- Prepare 2 of heaped tablespoons dairy free marg.
- It’s 2 tbsp of gf flour (or plain flour).
- Prepare 400 mls of or so of almond milk (or milk).
- It’s 50 g of vegan cheese (or cheddar).
- You need of Nutmeg, grated.
- You need of Salt and pepper.
Combine the cashews and water in a blender and blend until completely smooth and creamy. Mix all the ingredients along with the cashew cream in a large mixing bowl. Transfer this mix into a baking tray. From Minimalist Baker: Get the Baked Potato Recipe Here.
Dairy-Free Potato Bake step by step
- Peel and thinly slice the potatoes. Set to one side..
- In a saucepan, melt the marg then add the flour, stirring to soak up the marg. If the roux is quite wet, add a little more flour until it looks like the photo below..
- Slowly add the milk, stirring continuously after each addition to ensure no lumps. After you’ve added about half the milk, turn the heat up and bring it to a boil. As the sauce thickens, whisk with a balloon whisk to stop it clumping..
- When the sauce has thickened, add the rest of the liquid until you have a sauce of pouring consistency. Let it come up to the boil again and stir while it bubbles for a few minutes. Turn the heat down and add the cheese. Add nutmeg and seasoning to taste..
- Lightly grease a baking dish, then layer up your potatoes into the dish..
- Pour the cheese sauce over the top, cover with foil and bake at 160 C for 1 hour. Remove the foil and turn up the heat to 200 C and let the bake brown for about 20 mins. Check the potatoes are cooked through before serving..
From Connoiseurus Veg: Get the Baked Potato Recipe Here. The recipe title is a mouthful, and so is the product! Stuffed with dairy-free goodies like vegan margarine and nutritional yeast, this potato is. View top rated Dairy free potato bake recipes with ratings and reviews. Your New Favorite Dairy Free Cake, Pumpkin Chocolate Chip Bars – Gluten and Dairy Free, Mint Chocolate… Easy dairy free potato soup recipe is perfect comfort food, especially on those cold winter days.