Wild garlic, spinach and potato soup. Combine prepared potatoes and milk in a large mixing bowl; using a potato masher, mash the potatoes until smooth and creamy. A creamy vegan soup made of spinach and potatoes! A truly delicious and healthy soup!
Spinach and Potato Soup recipe: I made this soup to use up leftover black eye peas and potatoes. Finely dice carrots, onion and celery. Peel and diced potatoes and put in water, set aside. You can cook Wild garlic, spinach and potato soup using 9 ingredients and 5 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of Wild garlic, spinach and potato soup
- You need 1 tbsp of olive oil.
- You need 1 of shallot, peeled and finely chopped.
- Prepare 2 cloves of garlic, peeled and crushed.
- You need 2 of bulbs wet garlic, finely chopped – optional.
- Prepare 2 of potatoes, peeled and chopped.
- It’s 750 ml of veggie or vegan stock.
- You need of Couple of handfuls of spinach, chopped.
- You need of Couple of handfuls of wild garlic, chopped.
- It’s of Seasoning.
Put spinach in colander in sink to thaw slightly while you are cooking. Paired with the punchy taste of wild garlic, potatoes make a wonderfully savoury and inexpensive soup. Heat the oil in a saucepan over a medium heat. When your clan is hungry, hot and hearty soup surely fills the bill.not to mention stomachs!
Wild garlic, spinach and potato soup step by step
- Heat the oil in a pan (with a lid for later). Add the shallot and sauté for 10mins on a low heat..
- Add the potato and sauté for another 10 mins..
- Add the stock. Bring to the boil. Cover and simmer for 10mins..
- Add the spinach and wild garlic. Simmer for about 5 mins..
- Blend – with a handheld blender or in a blender. Season. Serve and enjoy 😋.
I did make a few modifications though, ended up using chopped onion and garlic sautéed in butter, then adding the water and chicken bullion. My latest creation is Lentil Soup with Sweet Potatoes & Spinach. It is a great recipe for January-healthy and comforting. This sweet potato lentil soup freezes beautifully, another reason I love this Saute until onion is tender and garlic is light brown in color. Add carrot, celery, and sweet potatoes.