Vegan chickpea curry with pickles 🌱. EASY coconut curry with chickpeas and Indian spices. Naturally vegan + gluten-free; add vegetables like cauliflower or A classic easy coconut curry with chickpeas, inspired by Indian flavors. This Creamy Vegan Coconut Chickpea Curry is the BEST curry I've ever had!
Without a doubt, we always have all the ingredients for it in our pantry, it's incredibly easy to make. This Chickpea curry is slightly adapted from a recipe by Imma from Immaculate Bites, an African-Caribbean food blog. Until I came across Imma's site, I actually didn't know that much about Caribbean cuisine. You can cook Vegan chickpea curry with pickles 🌱 using 20 ingredients and 6 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of Vegan chickpea curry with pickles 🌱
- It’s 1 of spring of fresh curry leaves.
- It’s 1 of chickpeas.
- Prepare 1 of small onion – chopped.
- You need 2 teaspoons of oil.
- It’s 1 of star anise.
- It’s 3 of black cardamon pods.
- Prepare 3 of green cardamon pods.
- Prepare of Sweet potato – cubed.
- It’s 1 of flat teaspoon cumin seeds.
- You need 1 of flat teaspoon tumeric.
- You need 3 of garlic cloves – crushed.
- You need 1 inch of thumb of ginger – crushed.
- It’s 1 of lemon.
- Prepare Bunch of coriander.
- It’s 3 of green chillis.
- It’s of Pickled red onion (see recipe).
- It’s A few of teaspoons of fresh pomegranate seeds.
- Prepare 1 teaspoon of amchoor (sour mango powder).
- Prepare 1 of sprinkle of sev (if you wish).
- It’s of Chopped red chilli (marinated in a little white vinegar).
Did you know that Caribbean food is a fusion of many different cuisines, including African. It's vibrant and colourful and has loads of amazing flavours. Vegan chickpea curry provides a good amount of protein so great for veggie diets. Vegan, healthy and cheap: this tasty chickpea curry is perfect for a weekday dinner.
Vegan chickpea curry with pickles 🌱 step by step
- Put a cross on the top of the tomatoes and put in. Bowl covered with boiling water – this will make it easy to remove the skins later. Cube the sweet potatoes and roast in the oven for 20 minutes. Cook the chopped onions in a little oil on a medium heat for 2 minutes and then turn to a low heat and put a lid on the pan. You may need to stir occasionally but the onions will turn a soft brown..
- Crush the garlic and prepare the chillis by washing and making a little slit in the side (larger if you like it spicy).
- Add the hard spices to the onions (star anise, cumin seeds, cardamom) and then add the curry leaves. The curry leaves will sizzle a little but don’t let them burn. add the crushed garlic and chilli and stir for a further couple of minutes..
- Add the ground spices, peel the tomatoes and add them to the pan and cook on a low heat. They will break down quickly but you can cop or squash to speed things up..
- When the tomatoes have formed a sauce add the chickpeas and the cooked cubes potatoes..
- Sprinkle with lots of coriander, a good squeeze of lemon, pickled red onion and some fresh pomegranate seeds. Serve with lime, mint and coconut chutney and breads or rice.
This Chickpea Curry recipe is really a south Indian-style Chana Masala with coconut milk and a few additional ingredients that give it a distinct identity all its own. Into my south Indian Chickpea Curry went some spices, like fennel seeds, which adds a sweetness and complexity prized in Indian cooking. A simple Chicken curry with chickpeas recipe for you to cook a great meal for family or friends. For top tips on protecting you and your family when preparing raw meat and poultry, visit Food Safety in the Home. There really is nothing more satisfying than this warming dish!