Korma Soupra (vegan).
You can have Korma Soupra (vegan) using 12 ingredients and 5 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of Korma Soupra (vegan)
- You need 1 of onion.
- Prepare 1 tsp of ground coriander.
- Prepare 1 tsp of ground turmeric.
- You need 1 tsp of ground cumin.
- You need 4 cloves of garlic.
- It’s 1 of thumb sized chunk ginger.
- You need 4 of big sweet potatoes.
- You need 2 cups of uncooked rice.
- You need 1 handful of fresh coriander leaf.
- It’s 1 tsp of cumin seeds.
- It’s 1 of finger chilli.
- You need 1 can of coconut milk.
Korma Soupra (vegan) step by step
- Chop the onion as finely as you can and fry it in a little oil or margerine with the ground spices. Also chop the garlic and ginger then add those for the last minute..
- Peel and cube the sweet potato, then add it to the pot with the rice and enough boiled water to cover them. Leave to simmer for 15mins..
- When you can easily smoosh the potato against the inside of the pan with a spoon, mash with a masher or blender if you prefer..
- In a small frying pan, heat some oil and then drop the cumin seeds and chilli in there for about 30seconds, until the cumin seeds are jumping and popping about. Put them straight onto a piece of kitchen roll to soak the oil..
- Add the thick part of the coconut milk, the cumin seeds and chilli, and the fresh coriander, then it’s ready to serve! If it’s too thick, then add a bit of the water from the can of coconut milk and stir it in..