Kumror Chakka Vegan pumpkin curry with black chickpeas.
You can have Kumror Chakka Vegan pumpkin curry with black chickpeas using 14 ingredients and 5 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of Kumror Chakka Vegan pumpkin curry with black chickpeas
- Prepare 500 gm of pumpkin peeled and cubed.
- It’s 2 of potatoes peeled and cubed.
- You need 1 cup of kala chana/ whole Bengal gram.
- You need 1 teaspoon of ginger paste.
- You need 1 teaspoon of panch foron.
- Prepare 1 teaspoon of red chilli powder(optional).
- You need 2 of bay leaves.
- Prepare 2 of whole red chilies.
- It’s 2 of green chilies.
- You need 1 teaspoon of turmeric powder.
- It’s to taste of Salt.
- It’s 2 teaspoon of sugar.
- You need 1 tablespoon of ghee.
- You need 1 1/2 tablespoon of mustard oil/cooking oil.
Kumror Chakka Vegan pumpkin curry with black chickpeas step by step
- This is how you should chop the potatoes and pumpkins.
- Soak the kala chana for 4-6 hours. Pressure cook the kala chana with 1 teaspoon of salt. I prefer to not discard the water as it contains lot of iron. Now, keep the kala chana aside..
- In a kadai, add oil. Once the oil is hot temper it with panch foron, bay leaves and whole red chilies..
- Now, add the potatoes and saute them. Then add the pumpkin, turmeric powder, green chilies, red chilli powder and ginger paste and saute everything together. Add water and cook the vegetable covered..
- Add the boiled kala chana, sugar just before the veggies are completely cooked. Add ghee and mix properly and turn off the flame..