Chickpea curry (vegan). EASY coconut curry with chickpeas and Indian spices. Naturally vegan + gluten-free; add vegetables like cauliflower or sweet potato. Our awesome vegan take on the insanely popular dish.
This Creamy Vegan Coconut Chickpea Curry is the BEST curry I've ever had! Chickpeas – chickpeas are the star here. Chickpea curry, one of my all-time favorite chickpea recipes. chickpea curry. You can have Chickpea curry (vegan) using 14 ingredients and 6 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of Chickpea curry (vegan)
- It’s of Onion.
- Prepare of Garlic.
- It’s of Chickpeas.
- You need of Sweet potato.
- Prepare of Olive oil.
- You need of Vegetable stock.
- Prepare of Scotch bonnet or cayenne pepper.
- It’s of Coconut milk.
- Prepare to taste of Salt.
- You need of Curry powder.
- It’s to taste of Black pepper.
- Prepare of Garlic powder.
- Prepare of Thyme.
- It’s of Water.
I've never been to India myself, but I've tried authentic Indian cuisine in my trips to South. Coconut milk makes this a luscious. Vegan chickpea curry with eggplant and coconut. The recipe is vegan, gluten-free, oil-free, protein-rich, free of chicken.
Chickpea curry (vegan) step by step
- Drizzle olive oil into a pan and went oil has heated and garlic & onions.
- Add vegetable stock, water and chickpeas.
- Add spices and scotch bonnet.
- Add sweet potato's.
- Once boiling bring heat down to gas mark 4 and leave to simmer for 20 minutes.
- Add coconut milk, stir then let simmer for another 15-20 minutes to let the sauce thicken.
This Chickpea Curry is quickly becoming one of my favorite meals. It's super fast and easy to make and TIP: If you have kids and you want them to enjoy curry night, serve with Easy Vegan Naan! Vegan Curry – Recipe Notes: Adjust the curry paste to your personal liking. I make this vegan chickpea curry all the time and I think about half the time I'm not using potatoes. Vegan coconut chickpea curry is one of those dishes that holds a special place in my heart.