Vegan Korma. Creamy Indian Korma Recipe made without Onion and garlic. Vegan Indian Gluten-free Soy-free Can be made nut-free. Back to Instant Pot(R) Vegan Korma recipe.
Navratan Korma is a rich, creamy and flavorful dish that literally translates to nine-gem curry. The "gems" are the fruits, vegetables and nuts that make up the curry. Veg kurma recipe or vegetable korma made in south Indian hotel style to pair with chapathi, puri, parotta or even with variety rice. You can cook Vegan Korma using 21 ingredients and 6 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of Vegan Korma
- You need of Raw Cashews.
- Prepare of Coconut milk.
- Prepare of Olive oil.
- You need 1 of tomato.
- You need 2 of sweet potatoes.
- Prepare 2 of carrots.
- Prepare of brocoli.
- It’s of butternut squash.
- Prepare 1 of red bell pepper.
- Prepare 1 of small onion.
- Prepare 3 of garlic cloves.
- You need 1 of little piece of ginger (sorry I didn't add it on the picture).
- You need 2 tsp of curry powder.
- Prepare 1/2 tsp of cumin powder.
- Prepare 1/2 of coriander powder.
- It’s 1/2 tsp of cinnamon powder.
- It’s 1 tsp of black pepper.
- Prepare 1 tsp of turmeric.
- Prepare of tomato puree.
- Prepare 1 of veg stock.
- It’s to taste of Salt.
We've never had korma before so no base of reference. I used a whole can of coconut milk instead of just a cup because it was too thick. It is rich, creamy, full of spices and flavor, and just begs to be soaked up by. Instant Pot Korma with step by step photos.
Vegan Korma step by step
- Prepare all the ingredients.
- Add the cashews and coconut milk to a blender and blend until very smooth. Set aside.
- Add the olive oil to a pot along with the chopped onion and garlic and cook for 3 minutes.
- Add chopped tomato, red bell pepper, all the spices and tomato puree cook for another 3 minutes.
- And butternut squash, sweet potato, carrots and brocoli mix all and add coconut cashew cream. Mix and simmer until the vegetables are cooked. Make sure you stir every 10 minutes because it sticks in the pan..
- Serve with rice (and fried plantain if you have :)).
This Veg Korma made in the Instant Pot saves time The korma recipe is vegan and gluten-free. Get My Secrets to Great Indian Food. This vegan korma is made with fresh vegetables and chickpeas, simmered in an Indian curry coconut sauce and topped with roasted cashews and fresh cilantro. This Vegan Chickpea Korma Curry is seriously creamy, super flavourful and just as rich as the Korma has always been one of my favourite curry dishes, and so I got thinking about ways to make a. If you like Indian curry, you'll want to make this healthy weeknight dinner!