Vickys Potato Gnocchi, GF DF EF SF NF.
You can cook Vickys Potato Gnocchi, GF DF EF SF NF using 4 ingredients and 6 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of Vickys Potato Gnocchi, GF DF EF SF NF
- Prepare 1 kg of floury potatoes such as Maris Piper variety.
- You need 2 tsp of sea salt.
- Prepare 1 tsp of nutmeg.
- It’s 300 grams of gluten-free / plain flour, you may need more or less.
Vickys Potato Gnocchi, GF DF EF SF NF step by step
- Peel the potatoes and cut into even sized pieces to boil until soft.
- Drain and mash the potatoes or put them through a ricer into a bowl or onto a board.
- Add the salt and nutmeg, then 200g of the flour. Knead it into the mash. Keep adding flour, 30g at a time, until the potato dough doesn't stick to the bowl or board anymore.
- Flour your hands then roll the potato dough into a long sausage about as thick as your middle finger and cut it into inch long pieces. Freeze in a single layer on a baking sheet. This stops the gnocchi sticking together in the pan when they cook.
- Boil some water then add the gnocchi, don't overcrowd the pan. The gnocchi will rise from the bottom when it's cooked, scoop it out with a slotted spoon.
- Serve with pasta sauce, pesto, cheese sauce etc.