Vickys Garlic & Herb Mashed Potatoes, GF DF EF SF NF.
You can cook Vickys Garlic & Herb Mashed Potatoes, GF DF EF SF NF using 10 ingredients and 5 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of Vickys Garlic & Herb Mashed Potatoes, GF DF EF SF NF
- Prepare 900 grams of white potatoes, peeled and quartered.
- It’s 5 clove of garlic.
- You need 1/4 of onion or a thick slice of onion.
- You need 3 sprigs of fresh thyme.
- Prepare 1 of bay leaf.
- You need 160 ml of milk of choice – I use light coconut milk.
- Prepare 6 tbsp of extra virgin olive oil or melted safe spread / butter.
- You need 1/2 tsp of freshly ground black pepper or to taste.
- You need 1 tsp of salt or to taste.
- Prepare 15 grams of chopped chives.
Vickys Garlic & Herb Mashed Potatoes, GF DF EF SF NF instructions
- In a large saucepan, cover the potatoes, garlic cloves, onion, bay leaf and thyme sprigs with cold water.
- Bring to the boil then let simmer over medium heat for 20 minutes or until the potatoes are fork-tender. Drain thoroughly and return to pan, discarding the bay leaf and thyme sprigs.
- Set the pan over a medium heat and add the milk and olive oil. Mash with an old-fashioned potato masher or large fork, adding additional milk if needed to reach desired consistency.
- Mix in 3/4 of the chives and season to taste with salt & pepper. Transfer to a serving dish and garnish with leftover chives or chopped parsley.
- Nice with a casserole or a steak.