Vickys Scottish Tattie Scones, GF DF EF SF NF.
You can cook Vickys Scottish Tattie Scones, GF DF EF SF NF using 6 ingredients and 11 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of Vickys Scottish Tattie Scones, GF DF EF SF NF
- You need 675 grams of floury potatoes such as Maris Piper, skin left on.
- It’s 50 grams of sunflower spread / butter.
- Prepare 150 grams of gluten-free / plain all-purpose flour.
- You need 3 tbsp of oil.
- Prepare 1/2 tsp of baking powder.
- Prepare 1 of salt & pepper.
Vickys Scottish Tattie Scones, GF DF EF SF NF step by step
- Cook the potatoes in a large pan of boiling salted water for 25 minutes or until tender.
- Drain, cool until you can handle them then peel them (cooking them this way seems to keep them drier inside).
- Mash them with the sunflower spread until smooth.
- Add the flour and baking powder to the mash, season with salt and pepper and start to mix in with a spoon.
- Flour a surface and bring the dough together properly with your hands. On the floured surface pat the dough out so it's around 1/4 inch thick.
- Cut the dough by quartering into rough rectangles, then slice those in half corner to corner to make triangles.
- Heat half of the oil in a frying pan on a medium heat.
- Useing a fish slice to pick up the tattie scones, add 2 of them to the pan and fry for 2 minutes on each side until golden.
- Drain on kitchen paper and heat the remaining oil. Fry off the rest of the scones.
- These can be frozen after cooking. Defrost and refry until warmed through.
- We would normally have these as part of a cooked breakfast with bacon, sausages, mushroom, baked beans, egg, grilled tomato and black pudding https://cookpad.com/us/recipes/334453-vickys-scottish-black-pudding-blood-sausage.