Vegan Miso soup with carrot, potato and spring onion. Miso Carrot Soup features beta carotene rich carrots, immune boosting miso & ginger, and protein packed tofu for a deliciously, easy and healthy vegan soup recipe! Bring Dashi to a boil and add onion and potato. Reduce heat to low and dissolve miso paste in the Dashi.
Add the bay leaf and potatoes. Simmer until the potatoes are starting to break down and the soup is thick and creamy. View top rated Potato carrot spring onion soup recipes with ratings and reviews. You can cook Vegan Miso soup with carrot, potato and spring onion using 6 ingredients and 10 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of Vegan Miso soup with carrot, potato and spring onion
- Prepare 4 g of Kombu soup stock powder.
- You need 1 of carrot.
- It’s 3 of medium size potatoes.
- You need 2 of spring onions.
- You need 2 Tbsp of Red miso.
- Prepare 4 cups of water.
This easy potato soup is vegetarian and low in calories. Make this soup for an ideal healthy vegetarian lunch. Melt a knob of butter in a large pan and add the spring onions (keeping a small handful of the green slices aside for garnishing). Spring onions and leeks stew slowly with turnips and potatoes, while a generous dose of butter, salt and thyme create a simple, flavorful broth.
Vegan Miso soup with carrot, potato and spring onion instructions
- Peel carrot and potatoes. Cut carrot about 1/4inch thickness. Cut potatoes into the same width and size of carrot pieces..
- Slice white part of spring onion into 3/4 inch size.(Diagonal cut) Slice green part of spring onion into 1/4inch size..
- In a small cooking pot, pour 4 cups of water and throw in carrot. Bring it to boil and cook carrot until soft with medium heat..
- When carrot is soft enough, add kombu stock powder(kombu-dashi) and potatoes..
- When potatoes became desired softness throw in white part of spring onions and quickly turn off heat right after..
- In a small bowl, take out 1 ladle full of soup from the pot and mix in miso in the bowl until it becomes luquidy paste. Then put back the paste into the pot. Stir gently. Taste and adjust the flavor. (When too salty add a little more boiling water.).
- Serve in a small soup bowl and sprinkle green part of onions..
- Note: Miso paste should not be boiled. When boiled, miso’s aroma and flavor will be reduced and the heat destroys health beneficial enzymes in miso..
- When re-heating the soup, use small heat. Instead of Komb soup stock powder(Kombu-dashi), you could use bonito fish stock powder(Katsuo-dashi)if you are not a vegan. Both stock powder can be found in Japanese/Korean/Chinese grocery..
- Serving example of "vegetarian" menu..
For more soup recipes: Spring Vegan Miso Soup with Yuba Gluten-Free Noodles. Carrot and potatoes go together surprisingly well. Saute onions& garlic in margarine until tender. Add chicken broth, carrots, potatoes, Italian seasoning and bay leaf. Potato & Onion Soup Recipe – vegan #howtocook #vegan #vegetarianrecipes, so simple, potatoes, onions, garlic, thyme – Enjoy.