Potato and leek soup – vegan. When you're looking for an easy weeknight meal, this creamy one-pot vegan soup brimming with potatoes and leeks is a. Making a vegan version of this classic soup was a breeze. A combination of coconut cream and white miso mimic the salty creaminess of the butter and cream used in "traditional" potato and leek soups.
Creamy and healthy Vegan Potato Leek Soup. Talk about the ultimate comfort food! The potato leek soup is one of the recipes I prepared for my week experiencing the SNAP food challenge. You can have Potato and leek soup – vegan using 8 ingredients and 5 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of Potato and leek soup – vegan
- You need 3 cups of vegan stock.
- It’s of About 350 g potatoes – which works out to about 3 medium-sized potatoes or about 1 1/2 cups – peeled and chopped into bite-sized chunks.
- It’s 1 of leek, finely chopped.
- It’s 1 tsp of fresh oregano, finely chopped.
- Prepare 1 tsp of fresh thyme, finely chopped.
- You need 1 tsp of flat-leaf parsley, finely chopped.
- Prepare 1 tsp of salt.
- Prepare of Generous pinch of pepper.
I wasn't sure if leeks would fit into the budget, but In spite of the name, this creamy vegan potato leek soup contains not a drop of cream, cashew cream, coconut milk, soy milk, or any other. How to Make Potato Leek Soup Vegan: Sautee the leeks until caramelized and remember to reserve some for garnish. Add the potatoes then pour in the vegetable stock. Potato leek soup, or potage parmentier, is a French classic.
Potato and leek soup – vegan instructions
- Put the potatoes, leek and stock in a pan. Bring to a boil..
- Add the herbs and seasoning..
- Simmer for about 30 mins – til the vegetables are tender..
- If you feel like it, blend the soup to make it smooth. I usually just mash the potato a bit if the chunks are big..
- Serve, season to taste and enjoy 😋.
It's one of the first dishes I learned to make in culinary school, right after a proper omelet, because it's an essential base soup in French cuisine. Add watercress for potage au cresson, serve it chilled for Vichyssoise — or top it with bacon. This Vegan Potato Leek Soup is the kind of soup that gives you a hug for lunch for lunch or dinner. It's so super creamy and cozy! And in addition to being creamy, cozy and super delicious, it is also really nutritious.