Chili cheese dog with the works casserole. This Chili Cheese Dog Casserole from Delish.com is a fun new take on chili cheese dogs. For a more traditional Cincinnati style chili cheese dog, we recommend using bean-less chili. If you've got a little more time on your hands, fancy it up by making your own homemade chili instead of the canned.
Mix the butter, garlic, and parsley in a small bowl, then brush the buns and their hollowed insides with the garlic butter. In this corn dog casserole recipe, hearty chili is covered with two cheeses and a layer of mini corn dogs, then topped with your favorite chili dog fixins! I like to help take some of the work load off of the host if he/she is up for it. You can have Chili cheese dog with the works casserole using 21 ingredients and 6 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of Chili cheese dog with the works casserole
- It’s of hotdogs.
- It’s 2 lb of hotdogs.
- You need 1/4 cup of Heinz tomato ketchup.
- It’s 1/4 cup of yellow prepared mustard.
- It’s 1/4 cup of sweet pickle relish.
- You need 1 cup of sauerkraut.
- It’s of chili.
- It’s 2 lb of ground pork.
- It’s 1/2 cup of chopped sweet peppers, yellow and red.
- It’s 1/4 cup of dehydrated onions.
- You need 1/4 cup of ground cumin.
- It’s 1/2 tsp of salt, more if needed.
- It’s 2 tsp of minced garlic.
- You need 14 oz of diced tomatoes.
- You need 28 oz of crushed tomatoes.
- It’s 2 tbsp of tomato paste.
- It’s 1/4 cup of vegetable oil, the pork was very lean.
- It’s 2 cup of grated sharp cheese.
- Prepare of topping.
- It’s 1/4 cup of cilantro, chopped.
- You need 1/2 cup of onion, chopped, raw.
Because I work three part-time jobs, I'm what you might label "crazy busy". Chili Cheese Tater Tot Hot Dog CasseroleThe Kitchen Divas. chopped onion, shredded cheese, hot dogs, cooking. I use canned chili for this Cheesy Hot Dog Tater Tot Casserole but you could use homemade. Then top with the tater tots.
Chili cheese dog with the works casserole instructions
- Preheat oven 425° Fahrenheit.
- Brown the oil pork with the onions and peppers added. Add cumin, salt, and garlic. Simmer for 7 minutes..
- Add tomatoes, crushed tomatoes, and tomato paste. Simmer, 10 minutes. Taste adjust spices to your desired flavor..
- In an oven safe dish lay the hotdogs across the bottom, break them if they do not fit..
- Add mustard, ketchup, sweet relish, sauerkraut, chili, and cheese..
- Bake 30 minutes. Let sit 10 minutes. Top with raw onions, and cilantro..
The chili cheese dog without the bun is perfect for all seasons. This is one low carb recipe your kids will beg for. Don't forget to try this with coleslaw if you want the full ballpark experience! I really didn't want to freeze it, so I created this clever way to use it in a different way. Using foods that I thought would go well with the dish, then I thought if I layered it, then everyone could get a little of everything.