Sweet Potato Soup (vegan- and paleo-friendly). #soupcontest.
You can have Sweet Potato Soup (vegan- and paleo-friendly). #soupcontest using 16 ingredients and 10 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of Sweet Potato Soup (vegan- and paleo-friendly). #soupcontest
- You need 6 of sweet potatoes (medium).
- You need 3-4 of carrots (medium).
- It’s 2 of onions (small to medium).
- Prepare 2-3 of red peppers.
- You need 3-4 cloves of garlic (more to taste).
- It’s 1 litre of vegetable stock.
- It’s 1 cup of white wine (optional).
- Prepare 2 cubes of vegetable stock (optional – for more intense taste).
- Prepare 2-3 cups of water (as needed to get the right consistency).
- Prepare 1 table spoon of cumin.
- It’s 1 table spoon of parsley.
- Prepare 1/2 table spoon of ground coriander.
- You need 1/2 tea spoon of chilli.
- You need to taste of Salt and pepper.
- Prepare of For garnish: chopped fresh coriander.
- You need of For garnish: yoghurt or cream (optional).
Sweet Potato Soup (vegan- and paleo-friendly). #soupcontest step by step
- Roughly chop onions and garlic. Add olive oil to the pan and saute onion and garlic for a few minutes until golden brown, making sure they don't burn..
- Add spices and sauté for a couple of more minutes until they blend well with onion and garlic. This will bring out their aroma..
- Add 750 ml of vegetable stock to the pan. Add sweet potato and carrots, peeled and roughly chopped. Make pieces smaller if you need them to cook fast..
- Add water if needed. Add stock cubes..
- Bring to a boil then reduce heat so the liquid simmers but doesn't evaporate too much. Cook until sweet potatoes are soft and a fork can go through them a easily..
- Add sliced red peppers. Add wine if you wish to. Simmer until red peppers soften..
- Turn of the heat and let cool for a bit..
- Purée in a food processor using up all the liquid from cooking. If the mixture is too thick, you can add a bit of water..
- Transfer the soup to a pan. And mix to even out..
- Serve with chopped coriander leaves and/or a dash of cream or yogurt on top..