Sweet potato and red cabbage – vegan option. This vegan sweet potato cabbage cashew features everyday ingredients such as carrot, cabbage, sweet potato and tofu for a simple, filling Both options work great and just depend on whether you feel like turning your oven on or not. I tossed the tofu in cornstarch before baking to give it a little extra. Crisp-tender, just-cooked cabbage serves as a warm salad base for seasoned sweet potatoes.
Sweet Potato, Red Cabbage, and Kelp In a food processor, shred the sweet potato using the shredder blade. Melt the butter in a shallow pan (ovenproof if you have it), then fry Festive red salad for a few mins to soften. These sweet potato vegan tacos are exactly what we like to put into our tacos. You can cook Sweet potato and red cabbage – vegan option using 11 ingredients and 6 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of Sweet potato and red cabbage – vegan option
- You need 2 of sweet potatoes.
- You need 1 tbsp of + 1 tsp olive oil.
- Prepare 2 cloves of garlic, peeled and crushed.
- You need 1 of onion, peeled and finely chopped.
- It’s 1/2 of red cabbage, chopped.
- It’s 1/4-1/2 cup of water.
- You need of Generous pinch sea salt.
- You need of Juice of 1 lemon.
- It’s 1 tsp of raw honey – if vegan, try 2 tsp apple sauce and less lemon.
- You need 3 cm of chunk fresh ginger, grated.
- You need of Lots of fresh parsley.
Place sweet potato and garlic onto a baking sheet. Drizzle with olive oil and then season with chili powder, cumin. Atakilt Wat – Ethiopian Cabbage Potato Carrots. Add the carrots, potato and mix well.
Sweet potato and red cabbage – vegan option instructions
- Preheat the oven to 200C. Score the potatoes with a cross. Put on baking tray and bake for 45 minutes – or until a fork goes into them easily..
- In a pan – with a lid for later – heat the oil on a medium heat. Add the garlic and onions and sauté until the onions are translucent. About 10 mins or so..
- Add the cabbage, salt and water and the juice of HALF the lemon. Cover and cook for about 35 mins until tender. Add more water if needed..
- In a small bowl, mix the juice from the other half of the lemon with the honey (or apple sauce) and the ginger..
- When the cabbage is cooked, take off the heat and stir the lemon/honey/ ginger mix through..
- To serve: split open the potatoes, spoon the cabbage mix on top and sprinkle generous amount of parsley on the top. Enjoy 😋.
I create flavorful plant based recipes that are inspired by my Indian upbringing, including many gluten-free, soy-free, and oil-free options. The Best Vegan Cabbage Recipes on Yummly Bake sweet potatoes and cook the cabbage in advance and store them in the fridge for up to four days for a quick, easy dinner that takes minutes to prepare. Sweet Potato Noodles with Garlic, Red Pepper & Asparagus – While you might have heard about or tried zucchini noodles, or even butternut. The vegan sweet potato brownie recipe can be suitable for low calorie, gluten free, and sugar free diets, and there's a flourless option as well.