Squash and sweet potato curry – vegan. Creamy sweet potato curry with spinach! It's a wonderful comfort meal for dinner which is also great for meal prep. Momma Cherri cooks a winter warmer for her vegan peeps.
Sweet potato and chickpeas, both of which are hearty but won't weigh you down, are swimming As long as you reach for a Thai red curry paste that doesn't contain fish sauce (we like the Thai Kitchen brand, which is easy to find at grocery stores), this meal is vegan. This simple peanut and sweet potato curry was a big hit in our house and I hope it will become one of your favourite midweek meals also. Warmly Spiced Chickpea Sweet Potato Spinach Curry. You can cook Squash and sweet potato curry – vegan using 13 ingredients and 7 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of Squash and sweet potato curry – vegan
- You need 1 tbsp of coconut oil.
- Prepare 1 of onion, peeled and chopped.
- Prepare 2 cloves of garlic, peeled and crushed.
- Prepare 3 cm of chunk fresh ginger, grated.
- Prepare 1 of red chilli, finely chopped – or 1/3 tsp chilli flakes.
- You need 1 tsp of ground turmeric.
- It’s 1 tsp of garam masala.
- Prepare 1/2 tsp of ground cinnamon.
- It’s 1 can of coconut milk.
- It’s 50-100 ml of stock or hot water.
- It’s 1 of butternut squash, cut into bitesized chunks.
- You need 1 of sweet potato, cut into bitesized chunks.
- Prepare of Couple of Handfuls of baby spinach or coriander – or any leafy green.
Its a use up whatever you have kind of curry. Use beans of choice, squash or Use spices of choice, pumpkin or other squash and other beans. throw everything in the pot and let it cook. How To Make Vegan Chickpea, Sweet Potato And Spinach Curry: (For ingredients and full instructions see the recipe card below). I shared the Sweet Potato Coconut Curry Recipe on Food Fanatic, so make sure to check it out there too!
Squash and sweet potato curry – vegan instructions
- Heat the oil in a pan (with a lid for later.).
- Sauté the onion for about 10-15 mins..
- Add the garlic, ginger, chilli, cinnamon and turmeric. Sauté for a couple of mins..
- Add the creamy solid bit from the coconut milk. Sauté for a couple of mins..
- Add the squash, sweet potato and rest of the coconut milk as well as about 250 ml of stock. Bring to boil. Simmer and cover until the squash and potato are cooked – about 45mins. Check to make sure it’s not going dry – add more stock if it is..
- Once the squash and potato are cooked, remove from the heat and squeeze the lime in and stir the leafy greens in. Put the lid back on for a few mins so the greens wilt slightly..
- Serve and enjoy 😋.
Other Recipes You Might Like A friend just asked me for a recipe using butternut squash noodles, so I recommended this one using the squash noodles in place of sweet potato. This filling vegan curry is great for chilly nights. Add the curry paste and fry for a minute more. Add the can of coconut milk, lentils and water to the pan and bring to the boil. Healthy vegan sweet potato corn chowder with curry spices and a little kick.