Indian Chickpea Yogurt Salad.
You can have Indian Chickpea Yogurt Salad using 15 ingredients and 3 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of Indian Chickpea Yogurt Salad
- You need 3 cup of Cooked chickpeas OR.
- Prepare 2 can of (15 ounces ea.) chickpeas, rinsed and drained.
- Prepare 1 large of potato, cooked and diced (peeled if not organic).
- You need 1 large of cucumber, diced (peeled if waxed).
- It’s 1/2 small of onion, minced (optional).
- It’s of dressing.
- You need 1 cup of Unsweetened soy yogurt.
- Prepare 1 of Lime, juiced.
- It’s 2 tsp of Kala namak (sub regular salt with reduced amount) (optional).
- You need 1 1/2 tsp of Ground cumin.
- You need 1 tsp of Garlic powder OR.
- Prepare 1 clove of garlic, minced.
- Prepare 1 tsp of Cayenne or other spicy chili powder.
- Prepare 1/2 tsp of Coriander.
- It’s 1 of as needed Chopped cilantro, for serving.
Indian Chickpea Yogurt Salad instructions
- In a large bowl, combine the beans, potato, cucumber, and onion..
- To make the dressing, combine all the ingredients in a small bowl. Taste and adjust the seasonings as needed. Add the dressing to the veggies and mix until thoroughly combined. Serve topped with cilantro..
- Substitute just about any cooked beans that you have in the fridge, though kidneys and chickpeas tend to keep their shape the best. Add shredded or chopped carrots, summer squash, or even a few spicy radish slices to make it a dish all your own..